As a Gameplay Programmer at Ubisoft Sherbrooke, you will have direct influence over the quality of the game that will end up in the players’ hands; there is a tangible link between your work and the player experience. You are entrusted with coding the interactive systems that make the game.
With every new iteration, you commit yourself to answering the most fundamental questions: Will the player enjoy this? Does it feel right? Is it AAA quality? You’re an avid gamer who cares about the player experience.
As a dependable member of a cohesive gameplay team composed of AI, UI and 3Cs specialists, you will bring to life the vision of the game and mission designers, who will take your point of view and expertise into consideration when making their decisions.
What you'll do
- Code new and existing systems to meet the intent of the game’s design.
- Keep them coherent with existing code.
- Develop gameplay tools for large content teams.
- Understand existing functions, and suggest and develop improvements.
- Collaborate with designers and animators on environments.
- Resolve gameplay bugs.
- Document your work.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- At least 6 years of experience in C++ and optimizing code
- Experience in gameplay, AI, and design (main character, cameras, NPCs, environment, behaviours)
- Experience as part of a team that has shipped a videogame is an asset
- Experience developing on videogame consoles
- Proficiency to communicate with all disciplines and to support and elevate the team in terms of quality and vision of the game
- Creativity and a thirst for innovation
What to send our way
Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills
About Ubisoft Sherbrooke
Ubisoft Sherbrooke is a multidisciplinary team of passionate people. We are a human-sized studio where collective ambitions and interaction are the order of the day. Joining us means being part of a close-knit and welcoming family. We care about our people and our way of doing things.
Between the magnificent nature that surrounds the studio and the trendy and invigorating life of the Estrie region, there's no need to compromise - joining Ubisoft Sherbrooke also means discovering an urban-casual lifestyle! And although we are sure that you will fall in love with the region, you don't have to move here to work with us. We really embrace hybrid mode, and that's real flexibility! Coming to Ubisoft Sherbrooke is far from traveling to the end of the world to have the chance to evolve in the hyper stimulating and effervescent context of a starting studio!
We're looking for committed creators and forward-looking talents who want to take on challenges as a team. By the way, we are also working on some amazing projects including the legendary and acclaimed franchise FARCRY!
Interested? We're waiting for you!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.