Gameplay Programmer, The Division Heartland
We’re now looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join the project of Tom Clancy’s The Division: Heartland, an all-new stand-alone survival action shooter set in the Division universe.
As a Gameplay Programmer, you will play a vital role in developing and implementing interactive gameplay features and mechanics that enhance the overall player experience. You will collaborate closely with designers, artists, and other programmers to bring the game's vision to life. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is enthusiastic about creating innovative and engaging gameplay experiences.
- Collaborate with designers and UX/UI team to understand gameplay requirements and translate them into technical specifications and code
- Develop, implement, and maintain gameplay systems, mechanics, and features in C++ using Ubisoft’s in-house game engine, Snowdrop.
- Debug and fix gameplay-related issues, including performance bottlenecks, stability problems, and other issues.
- Iterate on gameplay features with designers based on feedback from internal stakeholders and playtesting sessions.
- Actively participate in code reviews, providing constructive feedback and suggestions to improve code quality and maintainability.
- Solid knowledge and experience programming in C++
- Experience in game development and strong interest in game design
- Self-motivation, eagerness to learn, adaptability, and pride in getting things done
- Well organized and ability to work within deadlines
- Excellent collaboration skills and desire to promote teamwork and diversity
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- An open, international, and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself and have an impact on your work
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives. We use flexible hours, and a hybrid working model.
- Our “Life happens policy” makes sure you will have flexibility from work when it comes to big life changes happening in your private life. We understand that work is only one part of our lives.
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch & sports benefit, games, parties, events… you name it :)
Alright, let’s do this! Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on the 21st of July but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you! For more information, you can send a message to our Hiring Manager, Lead Programmer, Pekka Kujansuu to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime explore what Ubisoft RedLynx is all about and what we have to offer.
Ubisoft’s 21,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.