Gameplay Software Engineer - EA SPORTS
About our organization: EA is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with nearly 30 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite video games IP. We are assembling a team with the purpose of constructing a novel and immersive experience. This is your opportunity to join this new team to shape the future of interactive entertainment.
About our team: We are starting a new team composed of a mixture of experienced EA/EA SPORTS employees and new talent from across industries. With some of the most valuable IP in the world, and the resources EA has to offer, we have access to the capabilities needed to deliver amazing new experiences for an expanded audience of players worldwide.
About the role: Gameplay Programmers are versatile generalists who focus on game strategy and the "feel" of a game. However, they will inevitably be involved with the more specialized areas of the game's development, such as graphics and sound. Gameplay programmers may implement strategy tables, tweak input code, or adjust other factors that alter the game. You will report to the Senior Engineer and work with your peers to deliver gameplay features envisioned by producers and designers.
- Bring the vision of the artists and designers to life
- Design and write the code that runs and controls the game, incorporating and adapting existing libraries and writing custom code
- Prototype new mechanics to prove designs and improve on mechanics
- Architect, and document technical designs for Gameplay systems
- Develop tools and workflows to produce new game features
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop shareable code and interface correctly with the engine
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 3+ years of experience working in C++ and in object-oriented design and implementation
- 3+ Experience architecting and implementing A.I., character control, path finding, multiplayer, or other gameplay-related systems.
- 3+ years debugging experience using debug tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software programming practices
- Understanding of multithreaded architectures and synchronization principles
- Understand performance possible effects of Gameplay systems & algorithms and how to improve performance.