Gameplay Software Engineer - Madden
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Orlando, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
We are seeking a Gameplay Software Engineer to develop in-game character behaviors specializing in Animation and Character Physics.
In this position you will work side-by-side with Game Designers and Animators. You will take part in the full game creation process from design and architecture, writing technical documentation, code implementation, debugging and tuning gameplay behaviors and ensuring owned features are shipped under performance, memory and load time budgets.
- Build and maintain gameplay systems in C/C++.
- Ability to implement gameplay systems from existing technical designs.
- Make recommendations to improve Design/Animation tools and pipelines, and make content creator workflows more efficient.
- Work closely with the design and content teams to build AI character behaviors and interactions.
- Debug, tune and refine existing functionalities in game.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Robust solid C/C++ skills with ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
- Experience with large code bases and optimizing code, data, and bandwidth to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
- Console programming experience on a multiplayer game.
- Self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude