Gameplay Software Engineer - NHL
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS NHL franchise is founded on passion and new ideas. Located in Vancouver, British Columbia, the team is composed of remarkable talent on a mission to accomplish on-ice experiences that connect gamers around the world through play. If you're a creative pioneer with experience with your craft, you will have the chance to turn a job into something you love.
Gameplay Programmers are versatile generalists who focus on game strategy and the "feel" of a game. However, they will inevitably be involved with the more specialized areas of the game's development, such as graphics and sound. Gameplay programmers may implement strategy tables, tweak input code, or adjust other factors that alter the game. You will report to the Senior Gameplay Engineer.
Collaborate with producers and designers to help them achieve the creative vision of the product. Write specific or multi-purpose gameplay code for areas such as:
- Game Mechanics -- Gameplay, AI, player control, animation solutions, physics, and scripting systems.
- Core Engine -- Animation, networking, user interface, memory and performance optimization on computer hardware.
- Tools and Libraries -- World editors, software performance analysis systems, database systems, and general-purpose game development libraries.
- Completed a B.Sc. in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of working knowledge of C++
- 3+ years of experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Knowledge with debugging, memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Knowledge of source code management: CVS, Subversion, Git or Perforce