Generalist Programmer - Assassin's Creed
As a generalist programmer at Ubisoft Sherbrooke, you will create stable, functional, and high-performance tools and systems that will allow the studio to realize its current and future creative visions, and to deliver internationally renowned games.
You will work in a collaborative, state-of-the-art environment on various aspects of production: game engine, editor, middleware, etc. You will also be able to sharpen your analytical skills by tackling the technical challenges associated with a variety of systems (AI, 3D, sound, animation, etc.), adding many other strings to your bow by doing so.
Your contributions will be essential to the foundation of our systems. Simply put, without your versatile know-how, the production teams won’t be able to do their work!
What you'll do
- Develop generic systems that will support the functionalities of the specialized programming teams + ensure their integration (engine, editor, or middleware).
- Support the production teams by ensuring the stability and proper functioning of their systems and tools.
- Program in a clear and structured manner while respecting performance, maintenance, modularity, extensibility, and compatibility requirements.
- Be in constant communication with the production teams and the people who use your tools to respond to their requests and needs.
- Monitor performance and memory budgets and adjust as needed.
- Debug and optimize existing systems to facilitate the work of other programming teams.
- Document your work to transfer your knowledge and allow production to understand the systems and their functionalities.
- Keep abreast of advances in the field of programming.
What you bring
- A degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or other equivalent training)
- Experience in software programming, ideally in the video game industry (or other relevant experience)
- Excellent mastery of the principles of computer science and the various programming languages, particularly C++
- Versatility and the ability to work in different systems
- A good analytical and synthetic mind as well as a strong attention to detail
- The ability to work in a team, coupled with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Autonomy, curiosity, and resourcefulness that will not prevent you from asking for help when needed
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
About Ubisoft Sherbrooke
Ubisoft Sherbrooke is a multidisciplinary team of passionate people. Joining us means being part of a close-knit and welcoming family. It also means working in a human-sized studio where flexibility and interaction are the order of the day. We care about our people and our way of doing things.
Between the magnificent nature that surrounds the studio and the trendy and invigorating life of the Estrie region, there's no need to compromise: family life, the outdoors, restaurants, outings with friends... joining Ubisoft Sherbrooke also means discovering an urban-casual lifestyle!
We're looking for committed creators and forward-looking talents who want to take on challenges as a team. By the way, we are working on some amazing projects: have you ever heard of the legendary and acclaimed franchise Assassin’s Creed?
Interested? We're waiting for you!
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.