Generalist Software Engineer
Generalist Software Engineer - Madden
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Orlando, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
As a Generalist Software Engineer, you'll maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities to our players and workflow enhancements to our development team, reporting to the Development Director of the project.
We are looking for passionate engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, working with other engineers, and building primary systems (often using other systems), workflows, and capabilities that allow us to work smarter and bring substantial improvements to our game.
- You will implement core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to help collaborative development efforts.
- Share domain knowledge and mentor engineers within the team.
- You will work with design and other technical teams to provide feedback and then create clear technical designs.
- Provide well-tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements.
- You will look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Passion for the development craft and can demonstrate good development practices.
- You have a grasp of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- You have technical leadership experience, but also communicate well with non-technical partners, such as Artists, Designers, and Producers.
- You show debugging skills, familiarity with network programming,
- You have experience with parallel programming and resource management.
- You have a BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience having shipped and supported a AAA title, developed with an established 3D engine, navigated a large client/server codebase, or worked with performance and memory profiling tools is beneficial.