German Community Manager
Job Title:German Community Manager
Job Title: German Community Manager
Reporting To: AB Community Director
Department: Blizzard Franchises
Location: Office based (Soho, London) & hybrid work from home
Activision Blizzard plays a centralised role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and phenomenal restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations and has a well-stocked kitchen and free on-site gym.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Support the development and execution of Owned and Earned community programs with a goal of improving the German player base’s enjoyment of and engagement in our franchise ecosystem(s), turning as many as possible into ambassadors for our games.
In a company that serves and engages millions of players across EMEA, you will contribute to building the most sophisticated data-driven and player-centric marketing practices, and to reinventing communication with players by extending their epic entertainment experience with us beyond our games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- In partnership with the regional Social media teams, CS, franchise leads, marketing and communication expert teams, you influence the community engagement and publication roadmap, working closely with the Community Franchise Lead.
- Supervise and evaluate impact of community programs, sentiment of players, and community influencer outreach programs for continued improvement by providing insight to the EMEA marketing teams
- Engage directly, in key topics of conversation within franchise owned and earned channels.
- Represent a knowledgebase on the gaming landscape, its players, and competitors in France. In addition, you must be willing to develop a deep understanding of Blizzard games and products.
- Be a champion and an internal advocate for our players and game communities in assessment of message priority, risk and cultural feedback.
- Employ creative ways to improve key community relationships; share and collaborate with cross-functional teams on the development of community programs to support franchise objectives for engagement, reach, and sentiment.
- Embody a “player first” mentality, the game values, and the values of Activision Blizzard in all interactions. Act as a representative of AB in online channels and at community events as required.
- Strong communication skills and passion for collaboration. Fluent in German (written and verbal) with business level proficiency in English.
- Ability to deliver high quality work while managing multiple projects.
- Deep knowledge of Blizzard and/or Activision game(s), social media channels, and local gaming communities.
- A genuine passion for gaming and technology.
Key Success for Year 1
- A successful candidate will be able to display sentiment improvement towards community management within their subregion, with specific examples of how their own contributions have positively impacted our relationships with players.
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.