Global Community Strategist (Fandom) - Player Community, Global Marketing
Riot Games’ mission is to be the most Player-focused company in the world. As such, our Player Community team is essential in bridging the gap between internal teams and devs and our players through Communications, Social, Influencer, and Editorial work.
As the Global Community Strategist (Fandom) you will work with the Global Marketing Player Community team to develop campaigns, support efforts, and roll-out projects that support our Brand, Entertainment, and Music teams. You'll uphold best practices, including Player-First communication standards, working within Riot's social ecosystem to manage thoughtful content across social and influencer strategies. You will work with the team of Community Strategists that encompass all of Riot's IP, developing playbooks and leading the strategy to ensure we're all working towards the same goals when we talk to players and fans, establishing what it means not just to be a fan of our games, but of our brand.
The Global Community Strategist (Fandom) will report to the Senior Manager of Community Management, on the Player Community team.
- Work with Brand, Creative, Editorial, Influencer, Social and PR teams to champion player-first ideas and build globally integrated campaigns and strategies
- Develop the communication strategy for fans across all of Riot's IP, supporting the Music, Entertainment, and Games teams to create a central narrative that supports brand values and goals
- Work with Riot's International community teams to guide strategies to localize content that resonates with global audiences
- Manage campaigns from ideation to execution that start to develop the framework for what it means to be a true Riot fan and helps push fans of adjacent Riot IP further down the funnel
- Assist Brand and Entertainment leadership in creating messaging that resonates with players and community
- 5+ years' experience working in and managing online communities - including social media, digital marketing, and influencer strategies
- Experience with community best practices, including communication strategies, user acquisition, and driving users through the funnel
- Experience overseeing projects from kickoff to execution
- Experience working with in-house and agency creative production teams and an understanding of balancing the art and science of digital marketing and communications
- Experience developing custom community activations
- Familiarity with Riot Games' IP and audiences
- Experience developing strategies to localize campaigns for audiences around the globe
- Experience with collaborative campaign management
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.