GPU Block Verification Engineer - 164242
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
GPU Block Verification Engineer
The focus of the role is responsible for all aspects of verification on next generation graphics processors, including testbenches, test libraries, software modeling, Verilog modeling, test development, regressions, and infrastructure development.
- An analytical thinker with problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail
- Enjoys challenging work in a multi-project team environment using state of the art tools and technology
- Lifelong learner, always looking to pick up new knowledge, skills, and competencies
- Must be a self-starter, and able to work independently to complete tasks on schedule
- Very creative with the ability to come up with “out of the box” solutions and high initiative to recognize and solve unassigned but project impacting issues
- Working with Architects and reads documentation to understand features to be implemented and verified
- Block level test plan creation with the fully understanding of Design Specification
- UVM block level test bench creation and maintenance
- Block level test creation in directed and random constraints covering all features usage model and corner cases, for both function and performance verification.
- Debugging test failures to determine if it is a design or verification test defect, correcting test issues and working with the design team to correct defects.
- Functional coverage implementation and review to meeting coverage requirements
- Generating coverage report and reviewing coverage with design team to ensure fully coverage of test scenarios
- Writing SystemVerilog Assertions to check the design against specification
- You might also be responsible for implementing script/tool for Design Verification Automation
- You might also be responsible to use Formal tools to verify the design
- Must have 3+ years of experienced in ASIC verification
- Must be expert in System Verilog, UVM and proficient in SVA and functional coverage
- Must have ASIC design knowledge and be able to debug Verilog/System Verilog RTL code using simulation tools
- Be able to work in Linux and Windows environments.
- Good understanding of digital electronics
- Formal Property Verification (FPV) or Formal SEQ experience is a plus
- Knowledge of C/C++, Perl or Python is a plus
- Good understanding of the Compute Graphics a strong plus
- General tools experience with MS Word, Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- MS degree preferred
The position is located in Orlando, FL
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 164242
Country: United States State: Florida City: Orlando
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.