GPU Developer Technology Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
GPU Developer Technology Engineer - 165743
The AMD Game Engineering team works closely with external games software developers and publishers to build some of the best games in the world. We help them to fully exploit the technical capabilities of AMD's hardware products.
Our aim is to raise the standards for gaming graphics and performance. We do everything in our power to make the user understand why they were right to buy AMD products.
The ideal candidate is a highly skilled software designer and engineer, strong in 3D math, proficient in C and C++ and the efficient use of discrete GPUs, APUs, and CPUs. You are a team-collaborator and motivated to do things others might find too difficult. Come join a winning team of innovators and craft the future of technology.
- Work with the external game development partners of AMD to enable them to produce their applications as efficiently as possible
- Optimize game and application performance for discrete GPUs, APUs and CPUs.
- Design and implement rendering effects using established APIs
- Integrate features into game titles with a focus on ray tracing
- Efficiently crafting C/C++ game code for Windows and knows all about data structures, design patterns, language features, standard libraries and writing easy-to-understand code
- Has practical hands-on experience with DirectX 12 and /or Vulkan development tools and techniques for Windows
- Has strong graphics code optimization skills, in particular shader code optimizations
- Understands that requirements are rarely flawless and is willing to extract the spirit of the requirement to make the system or software better
- Strong verbal and written communication skills while working in a dynamic team environment
- Is willing to travel domestically and internationally on a regular basis
- GCN / RDNA graphics architecture experience
- Experience with DirectX 12 and/or Vulkan graphics APIs
- Experience with ray tracing
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent
Requisition Number: 165743
Country: United States State: Massachusetts City: Boxborough
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.