GPU Performance Eng. - 160041
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
GPU PERFORMANCE ENGINEER
Our team drives application performance for AMD's data center products across the entire stack from hardware to application. This entails working with the most recent data center hardware, software, customer workloads, and tackling complex performance questions.
We seek an engineer to join our team that likes to solve challenging problems from different domains on a system scale. Individuals must exhibit strong communication and problem-solving skills. Critical thinking and the ability to prioritize correctly are a must.
- Work with workloads to locate performance bottlenecks with system scope (across CPU/GPU/interconnects/...) and provide actionable insight into the entire stack for resolution
- Capture performance bottlenecks across a variety of workloads and establish common patterns
- Develop tooling to assess performance metrics without manual intervention
- Develop proof of principle demos to inform software and hardware improvements
- Work with customers to assess their workloads on existing and future platforms
- Understanding of High-Performance Computing or Machine Learning (ML), Deep Learning (DL), or Artificial Intelligence (AI) applications and solutions\
- Background in assessing application correctness and performance
- Background with programming skills in languages such as Python or C/C++
- Knowledge of Computer Architecture and operating systems
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and oral
- Experience with accelerator-equipped systems
- Experience with scale-out acceleration
- Previous use of performance monitoring and debugging tools on system scale
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or Sciences or similar field
Requisition Number: 160041
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.