GPU Ray Tracing Tools Engineer (MTS Design Engineer) - 163422
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
GPU Ray Tracing Tools Engineer
RTG (Radeon Technologies Group) Architecture team is instrumental to AMD’s success. We are a distributed team that creates innovative hardware solutions and delivers world class GPUs. As a GPU architecture tools engineer, you will be working on exciting projects to model and visualize ray tracing workloads and analyze novel ray tracing algorithms with the very best and most passionate GPU team in the world.
A self-motivated graphics enthusiast. A skilled software developer. An effective team player who focuses on collaboration, team building, and furthering team success.
- Work with a team of architects to explore new ray tracing technologies in real-time and offline applications
- Develop tools for modeling new ray tracing techniques
- Analyze ray tracing benchmarks and games
- Develop tools for analyzing performance of ray tracing on current games
- Work closely with architects on creating innovative HW/SW solutions
- Collaborate with engineers and managers on multiple sites.
- Experience in GPU programming and ray tracing
- Excellent C/C++/Scripting (Python, etc.) skills
- Great software engineering skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with attention to details
- Experience in implementing ray tracing apps on GPUs or CPUs
- Knowledge of Graphics/Compute APIs (DX/OpenGL/Vulkan/OpenCL etc.)
- Knowledge of GPU architecture is a plus
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree with emphasis in Computer Science, Computer architecture, or Electrical Engineering with relevant experience preferred
Austin, TX; Boxborough, MA; Santa Clara, CA; Markham, ON; Orlando, FL
Requisition Number: 163422
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.