GPU SILICON DESIGN ENGINEER
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
GPU SILICON DESIGN ENGINEER
AMD’s Australian Graphics IP team specialize in the design and verification of AMD's Graphics Processing Units (GPUs). As a graduate Silicon Design Engineer, you will be trained and mentored in high-speed digital design and advanced verification methodologies while working with the team developing the next generation of AMD products.
The ideal candidate has a passion for technology and learning and is looking to build a career as a highly skilled engineer.
- Listens carefully, starts a task only after the requirement, expectations, and schedule are aligned with stakeholders
- Asks questions about priority, efficiency, and value; ensure the answers are grasped, demonstrate it progressively in action
- Presents concise, convincing descriptions and supporting information to expedite issue closure with the team
- Subdivides an issue into its parts and uses data-based decision making
- Balances the big picture view and attention to detail
- Understands complex architectural, design, and verification concepts
- Proactive and self-motivating
- Seeks guidance from peers and management
- Enjoys a dynamic work environment
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Respects the value of diverse perspectives
- Supports team objectives
- Continuously improve how the team meets requirements
- Collaborate with architects, hardware engineers, and verification engineers to understand the development targets and metrics
- Create and review microarchitecture specifications and test plans
- Develop software models, hardware designs, and hardware verification environments
- Analyze and improve functionality, performance, and power consumption of the design
- Identify and implement opportunities for improving AMD’s ASIC design and verification environment
- Hardware design using a Hardware Description Language such as Verilog, SystemVerilog, or VHDL
- Hardware verification using UVM or formal verification methodologies
- Software development using C or C++
- Debug of hardware or software debug tools
- Graphics API or graphics pipeline knowledge is an advantage
- Scripting languages - Python, Perl, shell
- Productivity tools – Jira, Jenkins
- Configuration Management – Perforce
We are looking for final year students who will complete their degrees this year, or new graduates with a Bachelor or Master level degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related field.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV.
Requisition Number: 161344
Country/Region/Location: Australia State/Province: New South Wales City: Sydney
Job Function: Design