Graduate Software Development Engineer (Networking Firmware)
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD are looking for Graduate Software Development Engineer
In this role you will work as part of the System Test team focussing on automated test systems which provide continuous product validation and verification, and which continuously produce large datasets of information that need analysis and triage. You will develop your software skills by developing new test cases using Python, investigating test failures, extending test automation and pipelines. You will learn fast from a high calibre team and learn to work effectively as part of large software team, gaining broad and deep knowledge of new technology.
The role requires working across functional teams, with considerable scope to learn about all aspects of the product design and lifecycle. Significant opportunities exist in this role for personal growth and development.
• Understanding relevant product features under test
• Develop test specifications
• Designing, creating and coding automation test cases in Python
• Running tests and generating results
• Analysing results and identifying/triaging product issues
• Identifying and addressing deficiencies in the test harnesses
• Proactively identifying and proposing opportunities for improvement in the test suite
• Assuming ownership of a testing domain
The Software Engineer should have the following qualifications:
• PhD/MSc/BSc in Computer Science or a numerical subject (e.g. maths, physics)
• Experience of python or other scripting languages
• Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
• Good communication skills
• Experience of Linux systems
• Desired knowledge of concurrency, application optimization and tuning
Requisition Number: 178082
Country: United Kingdom Province: Cambridgeshire City: Cambridge
Job Function: Design