Graph Analytics Architecture Researcher - 161606
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD Research is an entrepreneurial research organization with a strong track record of driving research innovations into AMD products. We are a global leader in the development of the world’s most advanced high-performance computers (HPC), such as El Capitan, the world-leading two exaflop supercomputer.
AMD Research is looking for a researcher to contribute to our long-term vision in processor and accelerator architectures for high performance graph analytics.
You cannot stop innovating both theoretical and commercially viable ways to increase computing performance and efficiency.
You are an independent thinker with a track record of thought leadership and advancement of the state-of-the art in computational acceleration.
You have a deep understanding and appreciation of the scientific method.
You are an excellent communicator and collaborator.
- Conceive of new hardware and software technologies that result in disruptive economic value to AMD
- Analyze current, planned, and theoretical hardware, software, and systems to understand limitations and opportunities for improvement or replacement
- Develop an accurate intuition of AMD customer needs
- Be continuously and authoritatively aware of emerging technologies
- Convincingly demonstrate the correctness and impact and new ideas via analytical and simulation modeling
- Effectively proselytize research results to academic, product, and commercial audiences
- Drive the practicable outcomes of research projects into product roadmaps
- Submit patentable inventions
- Publish conference and journal papers
- Deep understanding of computer and processor architecture fundamentals
- Demonstrated experience in processor analytical and simulation methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in processor performance, power, area, and design complexity tradeoff analysis
- Strong understanding of classic graph analytics algorithms and implementations on one or more of CPUs, GPUs, and custom accelerators
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ and Python
- Demonstrated experience in ideation, evaluation, and optimization of a research project
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate within a small team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Familiarity with graph analytics programming models and runtimes
- Familiarity with graph analytics problems at scale
- Familiarity with applications of machine learning to graph-based problems
- Familiarity with memory architectures
- Familiarity with architecture considerations for scaling HPC applications
- Familiarity with accelerator RTL-level and circuit-level design
- Familiarity with emerging computational and interconnect technologies such as resistive memory, analog computation, and silicon photonics
- Experience with software performance measurement tools and analysis
- Experience with hardware, especially CPU and GPU, performance and power measurement tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organizations
- Experience with acquiring and executing research grants
- PhD degree or equivalent accomplishments in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field
Requisition Number: 161606
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Design
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.