Graphic Designer (12-Month Fixed Term Contract)
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Graphic Designer
- Job Summary: This role will apply art, design, and copy layout skills to create visually engaging concepts such as logos, promotional and branding materials, communication media, and other print and digital materials. We are hiring two Graphic Designers to create these deliverables which will be supporting teams in Media, Events, Organized Play, Marketing, Licensing, and Corporate.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Responsible for completion of all graphic development and production steps from concept through final design, and any associated file deliveries for print or digital applications
- Researches and creates graphics that are diversified and brand appropriate
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Participates in meetings, discussions, and presentations as part of the development process
- Demonstrates in depth conceptual and practical knowledge in graphic design, and basic knowledge of related areas such as merchandising, marketing, and licensing
- Solves complex design problems involving brand integrity, cohesion, business strategies, and brings a new perspective on existing solutions
- Maintain strict attention to detail
- Contributes to multiple projects simultaneously while keeping on schedule
- Work independently to create and execute design for all categories of assigned brand
- Meets all department and corporate business requirements, including those regarding work hours, conduct, and teamwork
- Stays up to date with ongoing developments in design applications and new print/media trends and techniques to bring consistent innovation to designs
What you’ll bring
- Three (3) to four (4) years of related professional experience
- Proficient in producing design work aligned with brand requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Ability to work independently on an assignment
- Organized with attention to detail
- Expert proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite on Mac OS
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of print technology and applications
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $82,000.00 - $122,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. For this role, new hires generally start between $82,000.00 – $96,900.00. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.