Graphics Diagnostics Engineer
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Graphics Diagnostics Engineer
Be part of the world's leading graphics accelerator team developing test applications for the functional and behavior verification of state-of-the-art graphics accelerators. This role executes designing and implementing 3D graphics libraries and tests, as well as analyzing and debugging the results.
- The candidate should be a hardworking self-starter, proactive, able to share ideas, and able to provide design verification leadership.
- Excellent knowledge of hardware/software integration and standard diagnostic testing techniques
- Sophisticated developer in a complex software environment
- Exceptional problem-solving capabilities and data analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The candidate would be responsible for planning, designing, writing, debugging and optimizing SDK/Library for 3D graphics hardware IP, as well as developing functional and stress tests.
- Collaborate with hardware architects and logic designers to solve functional issues, and customer support engineers to help resolve testing deficiencies.
- Explore and adopt new or evolving testing methodologies used in the industry to verify complex ASIC designs within intensive production schedules.
- Work within existing test infrastructure on currently active projects.
- Participate in system-level verification planning.
- Object-oriented programming in modern C++
- Strong software development skills on Linux
- Candidate should have extensive experience in the diagnostic or verification environments with emphasis on ASIC system-level testing
- A proven knowledge of hardware/software integration
- Real-time 3D graphics libraries, such as Direct3D, OpenGL, or Vulkan
- 3D game engine development is a plus
- Standard diagnostic testing techniques
- A proven understanding of graphics engine architecture
- Python, Perl, and Bash
- Experience developing in a sophisticated software environment
- Explore and adopt new or evolving testing methodologies used in the industry to verify complex ASIC designs within aggressive, market-driven schedules
- Experience with source code control systems
- Familiarity with Conan package manager
- Knowledge of cmake
- Knowledge of RTL design practices and tools is a plus
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree, in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 178562
Country/Region/Location: Singapore State/Province: Singapore City: Singapore
Job Function: Design