As a member of the low-level graphics API support team, you would be responsible for maintaining and enhancing our multi-platform, real-time rendering engine, which is the core of Unity’s products. The team is challenged by developing efficient rendering solutions across the multitude of platforms that Unity supports.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain and enhance Unity’s 3D rendering engine across the multiple graphics APIs (e.g., Vulkan, OpenGL, OpenGL ES, etc.) and operating systems (e.g., Microsoft Windows, Apple’s macOS and iOS, Linux, and Android)
- Collaborate with other Unity R&D organizations to support and advise on the development and maintenance of our rendering approaches
- Support and develop testing, optimization frameworks, and other diagnostic tools to maintain product quality and performance
What we’re looking for
- Experience working with computer graphics rendering techniques including geometric rendering, lighting and illumination, texture mapping
- C++ programming experience using classes, templates, and polymorphism
- Ability to diagnose issues and defects using application debugging tools, as well as measure and optimize application performance
- Excellent communication skills
You might also have
- Knowledge of modern graphics APIs (Vulkan/Metal/DX12)
- Experience with RenderDoc, Pix, NVIDIA’s nSight, and similar tools
- Experience using Unity’s editor and tools
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.