Graphics Engineer, Ray Tracing
As a Graphics Engineer in our platforms organization you will be working on our real time ray tracing stack to help steer the future of graphics in Unity. Our ray tracing implementation spans from the lowest level per platform implementations to high level features. As part of this role you will work closely with a cross-discipline team to make our ray tracing implementation the best-in-class cross-platform rendering technology it can be. You have worked on high-performance rendering in the past and you know the importance of writing fast and maintainable code. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team to create the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world.
- Design, implement and maintain high-performance rendering features for ray tracing, while taking all platforms into account.
- Develop and maintain production-quality code, public documentation, and tests.
- Design powerful and extensible public APIs.
- Collaborate with a cross-discipline team to collect user feedback and prioritize feature development of core Unity rendering.
- Proficiency with C++ programming.
- Proficiency with one of the following graphics APIs: DirectX12, Vulkan or Metal.
- Experience working on shaders and rendering features.
- Performance-minded development, code profiling and optimization skills.
- Relevant education and / or hands-on experience within real time graphics rendering, parallel GPU computing or similar technology field.
- Experience developing graphics using Unity.
- Experience with modern real time ray tracing.
- Mobile and / or console development experience (Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Xbox, Sony Playstation).
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity. Relocation support is not available for this position. Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
Your privacy is important to us. Please take a moment to review our Prospect and Applicant Privacy Policies. Should you have any concerns about your privacy, please contact us at DPO@unity.com.