Graphics Engineer, Shader Platform Support
Unity Engine is used by millions of creators around the world to build powerful and engaging real-time experiences. At the heart of this is graphics, from the initial point of content creation down to the final pixels on the target device.
In the platform graphics team, we focus on bringing pioneering graphics features on all the platforms Unity supports now and in the future! Our mission is to enable Unity developers to write rendering code without foreknowledge of what API it will ultimately be running on.
As a Graphics Developer on the Shader team, you will be in an outstanding position working alongside other graphics developers in Unity to improve workflows and iteration times for artists and shader authors. Successful candidates will also help external Unity developers ship multi-platform projects without any complex problems!
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and maintain high-quality and performant shader management systems
- Maintain existing systems, improving performance, testability and stability
- Work with multi-functional teams to bring new engine features to all platforms
- Enable Unity shaders to work across platforms, render pipelines, and performance levels
- Build automated tests for new features and bug fixes
What we’re looking for
- Confirmed programming skills in C++ and modern shader languages
- Knowledge of real-time 3D graphics and modern computer APIs.
- Familiarity with the Unity engine, C# programming, and writing production shaders
- Ability to collaborate with developers, customers, and leadership, both verbally and via documentation
You might also have
- Understanding of modern engine systems and rendering architectures and experience of working on real-world productions or large multi-platform engines
- Understanding of shader compilers and IL such as DXIL, SPIR-V, and MSL
- Familiarity with asset management, import, and build pipelines
Gross base salary (USD): $107,600 - $145,700*
*Note: Certain locations require a good faith disclosure of the base salary range for the role. The actual salary for the successful candidate may differ based on location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Your privacy is important to us. Please take a moment to review our Prospect and Applicant Privacy Policies. Should you have any concerns about your privacy, please contact us at DPO@unity.com.