Based at Sega HQ, Brentford, West London.
Hybrid - 2 days per week in the office, 3 days flexible.
SEGA employees are passionate about entertaining the world with creative, innovative experiences while being part of a vibrant gaming community. We are a global company with the resources to match, coupled with a place where everyone knows each other on a first-name basis, working together to create innovative experiences, one community at a time. Our world-class development Studios span the UK, France, Bulgaria, and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include, Amplitude Studios, Creative Assembly, HARDlight, Relic Entertainment, Sports Interactive, and Two Point Studios.
As Group Accountant you will play a pivotal role in our SEGA of Europe (SOE) Finance team, looking after several monthly manual consolidation and cash flow tasks. You will play a key role in Japanese financial reporting and will be the first point of contact for any questions from Head Office Group Finance and overseas auditors. As well as maintaining good relationships with those stakeholders you strive to develop good relationships with our pillar studios, and our wonderful SOE Finance team.
We believe that delivering the best games relies on having the best people, so we are constantly investing in our people through our benefits package, flexible working, and our community-focused, people-centric culture. Our industry-leading compensation and benefits include competitive salary and bonus schemes, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, health screening, electric car scheme, home technology scheme, Microsoft package discounts, and much more!
You are a qualified accountant with some experience working in private practice or within an in-house finance team. You have excellent attention to detail, a strong willingness to learn, and are capable of building excellent relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and update group consolidation monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Ensure all aspects of Group consolidation are accurate (e.g., review fixed asset disposals, and foreign exchange translation rates).
- Loading, reconciling, and reviewing all overseas Studios results.
- Reviewing and ensuring all dev cost reporting matches invoices and files.
- Complete the development cost reconciliation.
- Balancing and completing intercompany files and reconciliations at month end for Group reporting.
- Reporting to Japan Group Finance on each working day required in the close process.
- Prepare all the required reports for Japan for group reporting.
- Prepare cash flow actuals.
- Investigate and provide commentary on variances if required.
- Responsible for all queries from Japan and being the first response to these queries.
- Responsible for all the audit requests for the areas of responsibility.
- Provide ongoing management of and develop improvements in the consolidation process.
- Assist in updating and reconciling the management information systems used by Sega’s Finance and Planning teams.
- Supporting the SVP Finance and Director of Group Reporting with technical accounting issues and ad-hoc projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA).
- Excellent ERP system skills (Oracle R12 preferred).
- Personable character, able to communicate with staff at all levels of seniority, from all departments, including non-finance staff.
- Team player, ability to manage work for more than one team.
- Ability to identify priorities and work unsupervised.
- Good attention to detail.
- IT literate with advanced Excel skills.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
At SEGA, we celebrate diversity and believe in a diverse, inclusive, and equitable world in which everyone feels valued and respected regardless of what they look like or where they come from. Whether you’re a prospective employee or a full-time member of staff, we want you to feel involved and supported in all aspects of our work and to have amazing opportunities during your time with us regardless of your background. We welcome people regardless of age, race, ethnicity, disability, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, neurotype, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
SEGA is a place where staff have a voice which is integral to our success as a business. Our inclusive, passionate people are empowered to educate, inform, and build awareness through our inclusion and wellbeing staff-led values groups which include DEN (Disability Employee Network), RISE (Reinforcing Inclusion through Solidarity and Equality), Women at SEGA, PRIDE, SEGA Minds (group supporting mental health), Momiji (group that celebrates our Japanese heritage, language, and culture) and VIBE (our social and engagement committee).