Group Product Marketing Manager, Privacy
With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. We’re building an outstanding product marketing organization to help shape and scale Discord to diverse communities around the world.
As a member of the Consumer Product Marketing team, you will get to be an advocate for all our users and have a key voice in how we communicate our privacy products, principles and policies to the world.
Discord is a platform built on a strong foundation of user safety and privacy. As the first dedicated privacy marketing hire you will be expected to be player and coach - interfacing with Executive and senior cross-functional leaders on strategy and leading execution until you build a small roster. You will also be a senior marketing leader within the Safety & Privacy Product Marketing team and broader Consumer marketing team.
You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Eng, Legal, Policy, and Comms to help scale Discord’s Privacy products and policies, and drive the Privacy narrative for users. You will report to the Director of Product Marketing, Safety & Privacy.
What you'll be doing
- Be a strategic partner to Privacy Product, Counsel and Policy teams and contribute to the future of privacy at Discord
- Partner with our marketing research team to deliver user insights that positively influence the product and policy roadmap and marketing strategy
- Build and manage insight-driven global product marketing strategies and campaigns to deliver on our privacy goals
- Drive and hone the total GTM process from positioning to marketing strategy to creative brief, partnering with Discords internal creative team to launch world class marketing
- Create a scalable process to ensure we clearly communicate our privacy approach in all relevant launches
- Eventually, manage and mentor direct reports, supporting their development at Discord and driving their career growth and PMMs contribution to privacy
- Drive ongoing measurement and analysis of perception and adoption of privacy tools in partnership with Data Science and Marketing Research
- Consistently champion and communicate the importance of privacy as a foundational attribute of Discords business
What you should have
- Excited to work in a high-growth environment and culture
- 9+ years of experience launching and scaling consumer tech products globally, with a specific focus on privacy
- 4+ years of experience hiring and managing product marketers or brand marketers
- Data-driven and experimental in how you approach and measure your work
- Ability to guide cross-functional teams towards decisions and execution
- Expertise in using qualitative and quantitative data to identify marketing opportunities and measure the success of marketing programs in driving traditional brand metrics and core business results.
- Additional marketing experience in branding, media, partnerships, or communications
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $203,000 to $221,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
#LI-Hybrid #buildbelonging #LI-KS1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!