Health & Safety Specialist, APAC
Who We Are:
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. For more than 25 years, our development teams have created some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful entertainment experiences, captivating and engaging audiences around the world. We are incredibly proud of our ability to deliver consistently the highest-quality titles, as well as our colleagues who help to create our unique culture and work environment that is inclusive, diverse, and dynamic.
While our offices are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to our core tenets of creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide a great place to come to work each day to pursue your passions.
The Health and Safety Specialist has a dynamic and meaningful responsibility to help keep our employees safe through various health, safety, and wellbeing initiatives. In this role, you will support the health and safety programs across APAC and Middle East (ME) offices and assist in developing creative safety initiatives that will serve as important resources for employees. You will work collaboratively with internal and external teams to continuously improve safe working environment and provide assistance during emergencies. Strategic time management and excellent prioritization and follow-up skills are key to success in this fast paced and active position.
What You’ll Take On
- Serve as the local Health and Safety point of contact for APAC and ME teams with a solid knowledge base of local H&S regulations
- Perform H&S gap analysis to identify gaps and develop H&S programs that are compliant with local requirements
- Consult partner teams (Facilities, HR, Legal) on applicable H&S regulatory requirements to maintain compliance and coordinate on key projects and initiatives
- Conduct research and quickly provide relevant H&S information during critical times and as needed, irrespective of managed regions
- Perform various risk assessments not limited to general office, fire, maternity, and young person risk assessments and manage individual risk mitigation programs
- Lead safety committee meetings for APAC and ME studios and address potential issues
- Fulfill requested H&S and placement forms for interns, temporary workers, and vendors
- Maintain and manage all H&S compliance trainings by country and ensure local requirements are being met
- Participate in investigation and root cause analysis of safety incidents involving workplace injuries and illness and implement preventative measures to avoid recurrence
- Schedule DSE assessments, coordinate follow-up appointments, and procure equipment based on recommendations to mitigate potential and current ergonomic risks
- Maintain a global record and document management system for all manuals, policies, plans, trainings, incident tracking, database, and spreadsheets
- Assist in identifying and addressing health and safety challenges by working collaboratively with partner teams and developing cross functional solutions for key partners
- Support in ensuring compliance related matters and record-keeping requirements, including inspection and training logs, are up to date and maintained per country and local occupational regulatory agencies
- Conduct regular review and audits of workplace inspection and assessments across all studios to maintain a solid familiarity with the facilities, employees, and job responsibilities for potential hazards
- Work cross-functionally to integrate safety into day to day work activities and promote a safety culture where everyone takes ownership for themselves as well as others
- Support line management with annual health and safety audits to verify ongoing compliance with country and regional regulatory requirements and internal standards
- Assist with ongoing management and expansion of the global health and safety programs
- Cover the Safety mailbox and respond to inquires within the SLA
- Develop and manage innovative safety initiatives (such as newsletters or bulletins) that drive engagement and speak to our diverse employee population
- Coordinate training in CPR, AED, First Aid, Fire Warden, and incident response for the employee- and volunteer-led Emergency Response Team (ERT) and serve as the Incident Commander
- Market and publicize health and safety with passion to employees to raise awareness and ensure compliance with laws and regulations
What You Bring
- High energy professional
- Experience as an H&S Advisor for APAC and ME locations
- IOSH/WSH Officer Certificate
- First Aid, Fire Warden, CPR, and AED certifications
- Technical certification in office ergonomics/DSE
- Working knowledge and understanding of health and safety principles and regulations
- Policy and system implementation including compliance programs
- Ability to maintain and manage spreadsheets and databases
- Strong communication skills with proven leadership, judgement, and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and grow while possessing flexibility to think creatively
- Collaborates and partners effectively with cross-functional teams from broad backgrounds and levels of management
- Ability to successfully and comfortably respond to and address inquiries and issues from employees
- Upholds a professional demeanor; poise under pressure with well-developed time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle and maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Demonstrable experience in program coordination, safety methods, standards, and practices
- Excellent writing, communication, in person, and presentation skills
- Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees' bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical insurance, employee stock purchase plan, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.