Help Desk Technician
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Help Desk Technician
- Job Summary: The IT Applications Support Specialist will be our first line of defense fielding helpdesk requests submitted by our employees related to Business Applications. Aside from troubleshooting and onboarding/offboarding users, this role may at times work with the Business Systems Analyst team on testing features and systems that are preparing for production deployments, provide support regression testing and rollouts of updates and upgrades to existing systems, and manage documentation related to and supporting Business Applications.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Non-exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Manage issues reported through our helpdesk from intake through to resolution.
- Work with managed services support to troubleshoot more complex issues that cannot be resolved with Tier 1 support.
- Participate in the software development lifecycle of new products and features getting ready for production deployment particularly in the phases of testing and hypercare as well as throughout the process to learn the new system/feature.
- Create troubleshooting articles and enhance user guides.
- Onboard/offboard employees to relevant Business Applications.
- Evaluate Service Desk issues and provide recommendations on how to lower ticket creation.
- Provide feedback to Business Systems Analysts and Vendors on improvements to Business Applications that will improve the user experience.
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years’ experience supporting enterprise applications.
- Demonstrated experience as the primary helpdesk support to end users across multiple applications.
- Demonstrated experience with learning agility and ability to pick up new systems, business processes and concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to apply business systems to business processes and offer recommendations on improvements to improve the user experience.
- Experience with JIRA ServiceDesk, ERP, SharePoint, SaaS solutions preferred.
- Experience with Robotics Process Automation, low-code platforms a plus.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start between $60,000 - $85,500. The full range is $60,000 - $90,000. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.