Houdini TD Pipeline - New AAA Project (W/NB/M)
Ubisoft's pioneering studio, Paris studio was responsible for the publisher's first successes following its creation in 1992. Today, it is at the helm of such must-have licenses as Just Dance, Ghost Recon and Mario + The Rabbids. Ubisoft Paris has also built a solid reputation as a partner of choice in cross-studio collaborations such as Watch Dogs, Skull & Bones, Beyond Good & Evil 2 and Star Wars. Building on this experience, the studio continues to push the boundaries of creativity by working on some very promising yet unannounced projects.
With 750 talents of 35 nationalities, Ubisoft Paris is today the largest studio in France and one of the most experienced in the industry. Young talents can benefit from the strong presence of senior profiles in the creative, technical or artistic fields. Everyone is driven by the same passion: to push the limits of what is possible and to offer new experiences to our players.
Ready to join the adventure? Join us at the Paris Studio!
The Houdini Procedural Artist works in close collaboration with the technical and artistic director and the procedural teams. You are responsible for defining the methods and graphic tools to carry out the technical and artistic vision of the game while respecting the defined technical constraints.
Your missions will be as follows:
- Implement the procedural tools for game creation, in collaboration with the technical/art directors
- Develop technical/artistic pipelines and workflow, together with technical/artistic managers.
- Support the procedural team in the creation of tools.
- Contribute and support to the integration and optimization of tools in the engine.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical procedural production issues.
- Develop and manage the best possible tools and methods to improve workflows for the team.
- Be the bridge between the engine team and procedural artists.
- Provide technical support on tools and engine to all procedural team members.
- Contribute to engine development, on the project level and at the group level.
- Mastery of tool creation as well as its creation pipeline with Houdini (Houdini Engine)
- Mastery of python (2 and 3) and the Houdini module.
- Have participated in the production of at least one AAA/AA/Indie title.
- In-depth experience with game engines, 3D software.
- Good video game culture and artistic sense.
- Good knowledge of the latest procedural innovations
- Excellent communication and teaching skills
- Fluent English.
The following qualifications are a plus
- Basics in C#
- Mastery of PySide2
- Familiar with debugging tools in VSCode, etc…
/!\ Don't forget to add your CV, portfolio, website, or any other document needed to evaluate your profile
Joining us means having access from day one to :
Flexibility in your working hours and the possibility to work remotely under the conditions of the Ubisoft policy.
20 days of remote working per year from a European Union country (reserved for European citizens);
Our internal e-learning platform to finally train you on the tools you need so much;
Our game library where you can borrow the latest Ubisoft games, those of the competition, consoles and board games;
Our preferential rates on a wide range of shows, cinemas, concerts, sports halls, amusement parks, and many other good deals.
And after 1 year?
You have a career and development plan established with your manager as well as clear objectives that will allow you to progress and increase your salary each year;
You have joined one of our clubs : choir, yoga, tennis, lightsaber... Or you have created your own!
You take advantage of your 1.5 hour lunch break to take part in a class in our gym or borrow one of our bicycles to ride in the Bois de Vincennes ;
You look forward to the next surf/yoga or ski weekend organized by the work council;
You've gotten really good at foosball, rock climbing, Mario Kart or Just Dance ;
You've raided the clearance sale sale to complete your collection of Ubi goodies and games (because we never have enough);
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.