HR BUSINESS PARTNER – STUDIO OPERATIONS
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours.
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
This is a new role that will be fully focused on developing the Culture and People Operations within SEGA’s Studio Operations team in London. Focused on Talent Management & Engagement the HR Business Partner will own and manage the full suite of People Operations for the Studio Operations Team supported by the SEGA Central Services functions (Total Reward, Mobility, Systems, Payroll).
- Responsible for Culture and Employee development & wellbeing for the Studio Operations Team in London
- Engage in regular and effective communication with Studio Operations leadership team, People Managers and wider SEGA HR Team to:
- Ensure early identification, intervention, and resolution of people challenges
- Drive Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Ensure SEGA’s employee life cycle operations are managed impeccably (Recruitment, On & Off boarding, probation, long service, etc)
- Provide support to managers and employees around performance management, including appraisals, development plans, objective setting, and career development.
- Provide guidance to organisational and team challenges in a commercial and compliant manner.
- Advise employees and management on policies, processes, and systems
- Champion and promote HR initiatives across the teams
- Identify opportunities & solutions for individual and team development needs, including training, coaching & performance management.
- Manage employee relations activity as required and coach leadership team on ER matters and policy development.
- Understand and advise managers on relevant UK & Local Employment Law (countries of interest are UK & Bulgaria)
- Assist with ongoing review of policies and communications to ensure they are compliant and aligned to business and commercial goals across the whole region
- Regularly review, analyse, and prepare insights based on available analytics to recommend future approaches and incentives.
- Provide coaching and guidance to studio operations team as required.
- Implement Enterprise HR initiatives and advise on local considerations.
- Process improvements - assistance in identifying areas for process streamlining & drawing up process workflow documents as required
- Updating & producing copy /content for HR Communications channels.
- Development of Learning & Career Development Channels
- Line Management of LQA Administration & Resource Coordinator
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- CIPD Qualified (min level 5)
- Completer Finisher able to structure own workload and manage competing priorities
- Proven experience of resolving complex HR issues
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience of organisational change.
- Knowledge and experience of UK Employment Law & HR Practices
- Robust communication skills
- The ability to influence and challenge decisions whilst building relationships
- Resilient with good sense of humour
- Experience of using HRIS (Sage, PeopleSoft, Workday etc)
- Experience working within a technology or development organisation
- Interest in Video Games, Video Games Development & the Games Industry.