HR Business Partner - Publishing
HR Business Partner
Hybrid – 2 days per week in the office, 3 days flexible.
Based at SEGA HQ in Brentford, London.
SEGA employees are passionate about entertaining the world with creative, innovative experiences while being part of a vibrant gaming community. We are a global company with the resources to match, coupled with a place where everyone knows each other on a first-name basis, working together to create innovative experiences, one community at a time. Our world-class development Studios span the UK, France, Bulgaria, and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include, Amplitude Studios, Creative Assembly, HARDlight, Relic Entertainment, Sports Interactive, and Two Point Studios.
The HR Business Partner, Publishing will be part of a team of 5 dedicated staff with the goal of delivering a highly engaging, talent-focused, and proactive HR and recruitment service with full employee lifecycle support to the Publishing group, creating innovative experiences for our Publishing team that attract, engage, retain, and develop talent. Our Publishing team are a highly skilled, engaged, and diverse group of approximately 180+ people spanning Technology, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA, and more, servicing our development studios, leading the SOE (SEGA of Europe) Publishing services, and collaborating with our SOA (SEGA of America) team, who have a group of UK based staff that require local HR support.
We believe that delivering the best games relies on having the best people, so we are constantly investing in our people through our benefits package, flexible working, and our community-focused, people-centric culture. Our industry-leading compensation and benefits include competitive salary and bonus schemes, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, health screening, electric car scheme, home technology scheme, Microsoft package discounts, and much more!
You will have proven experience working in an HR Business Partner role within a dynamic, fast-paced HR function servicing a wide range of employees. Essentially you will have the ability to influence and challenge decisions whilst building effective working relationships with key stakeholders. You will proactively champion and promote HR initiatives across the teams e.g., diversity and inclusion initiatives and talent planning.
Engage in regular and effective communication with People Managers and the wider SEGA HR Team to:
- Ensure early identification, intervention, and resolution of people challenges.
- Manage ER activity as required.
- Ensure SEGA’s employee life cycle operations are managed impeccably (On & Off boarding, probation, long service, FTC’s etc).
- Provide support to managers and employees around performance management, including appraisals, development plans, objective setting, and career development.
- Advise employees and managers on policies, processes, and systems.
- Identify opportunities & solutions for individual and team development needs, including training, coaching & performance management.
- Understand and advise employees and managers on relevant UK law.
- Assist with ongoing review of policies and communications to ensure they are compliant and aligned to business and commercial goals across the whole region.
- Work with the wider team to regularly review, analyse, and prepare insights based on available analytics to recommend future approaches and incentives.
- Responsible for Culture and Employee development & well-being for the publishing divisions in London.
- Process improvements - assistance in identifying areas for process streamlining & drawing up process workflow documents as required.
- Development of Learning & Career Development program.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Able to structure own workload and manage competing priorities.
- Proven experience of resolving complex HR issues.
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience of organisational change.
- Knowledge and experience of UK Employment Law & HR Practices.
- Robust communication skills.
- Experience of using HRIS (Sage, PeopleSoft, Workday, etc).
- CIPD Qualified (min level 3) or similar level experience.
- Previous experience working on change programmes.
- Enjoys creating logical structure and process where improvements are identified.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
At SEGA, we celebrate diversity and embrace the full spectrum of humanity, believing in a diverse, inclusive and equitable world in which everyone feels valued and respected regardless of what they look like or where they come from; Whether you’re a prospective employee or a full-time member of staff, we want you to feel involved in all aspects of our work and to have amazing opportunities during your time with us –regardless of your background. We welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital status, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
SEGA is a place where staff have a voice which is integral to our success as a business. Our inclusive, passionate people are empowered to educate, inform and build awareness through our inclusion and well-being staff-led values groups which include: DEN (Disability Employee Network), RISE (Reinforcing Inclusion through Solidarity and Equality), Women at SEGA, PRIDE, SEGA Minds (a group supporting mental health), Momiji (a group that celebrates our Japanese heritage, language, and culture) and VIBE (our social and engagement committee).