HR & Talent Coordinator
HR & Talent Coordinator
Sports Interactive is looking for an experienced and passionate HR & Talent Coordinator to join our growing People team. This role will play a key part in ensuring that our team members, both current and future, have the best possible experience.
You’ll oversee the full team member lifecycle, with a specific focus on talent & recruitment, as well as helping to drive operational excellence. You will support the day-to-day transactions within the People team, being the first port of call for all HR enquiries and support, along with the opportunity to get involved in any number of projects and initiatives.
This role presents an amazing opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join a newly formed and growing HR team in a fast-paced, creative environment with some of the very best in UK Games Development.
- Owning the team member lifecycle through the Sage HR system to include issuing and coordinating new starter information, generating contracts, updating Sage, induction meetings and team member letters.
- You will administer the recruitment process for all our vacancies from the initial point of contact with the Hiring Manager through to the role closing.
- Generate the monthly payroll input data sheet and work with Sega payroll to ensure the smooth running of the monthly payroll process.
- Act as a ‘Benefits Ambassador’ within the Studio to help communicate to team members what they are entitled to and how to access it.
- Be the first point of contact for all L&D enquires and assist in coordinating studio wide L&D sessions.
- Responsibility for day-to-day management of the HR email inbox, and escalating enquiries to People Partners as required.
- Be a 'brand ambassador' for the HR team. Embodying the company’s values and inspiring a positive culture within the business
- Support and own the work experience, Apprenticeship and trainee process
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- At least 3-5 years of related experience as a proven HR or Talent Administrator
- A minimum of CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate in People Practice (Foundation) or working towards this
- Experience with payroll input and benefit knowledge
- Experience using HR databases and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Experience at using LinkedIn in a professional setting
- Exceptional organisation skills and meticulous attention to detail
- A 'people-person' with excellent communication skills, and able to work effectively with colleagues and candidates at all levels
- Excellent ability to multi-task and adapt to priorities in a busy environment
- Critical and creative thinker, able to identify new and innovative ways to improve the way we do things
- Self-starter, not afraid to get into the details and execution
- Experience using Sage HRIS
- Experience using Jobvite in a recruitment setting
- Previous experience in the games or tech industry
- Desire to gain additional CIPD qualifications and a passion for learning
Sports Interactive (SI) is an ambitious development studio creating immersive sports management simulations. Since 1994, we’ve captivated a global pool of players with our iconic, BAFTA award-winning game, Football Manager. We’re a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA having caught their attention in 2006 with our continuous critical and commercial success.
We’re a tenacious community, coming together at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London. Always expanding, the SI team takes on the gaming genre through a diverse array of disciplines. But no matter how big we dream, we keep our approach (and your schedule) flexible, creating a relaxed atmosphere where collaboration can thrive.
We approach everything with passion, whether that’s making our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who shows up to work here each day.
We like our talent tenacious, so you can expect to surround yourself with other ambitious individuals bringing their A-game to many different disciplines. We know collaboration is the key to constantly topping our best, and encourage our people to fiercely realise their own personal potential.
We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you’re in. Above all else, we’re a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic, that works and plays together. We have fun doing what we do; one of the many reasons we’re one of the best places to work in the UK games business (Gameindustry.biz 2021 Large studio category).
And if you want a work/life balance, we’re behind you. Because while we live to create extraordinary games, we know that’s not all you’ve got going on. You can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
Our flexible working culture gives team members the responsibility to optimise their workloads, with in-office, hybrid and remote working options. Even in countries where we don’t directly employ*, we’ll even explore what’s possible via third parties and do our best to accommodate location preferences. We’re also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry.
*We’re able to directly employ in the UK, Ireland, France, Sweden and Finland.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
SI is proudly a Disability Confident Committed employer, and we are dedicated to ensuring our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. Our studio has disabled access and facilities but please ensure you advise us if you require any other reasonable adjustments to be made to support you during the recruitment process.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.