Incident Response Operations Intern
Paid Incident Response Operations Intern (Guildford, UK)
We are EA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. Our mission is to attract and grow a more diverse employee base through the cultivation of our early talent pipeline to shape EA's teams, culture and products. We create an overall enriching experience, empowering interns and graduates with the sense that "EA is where I want to be".
The Challenge Ahead
The EA Security team protects EA by reducing our exposure to security risks. We raise risk awareness for the entire company and provide measured, proportionate security and risk management controls, services and solutions. We also ensure that EA meets all required security standards as defined by several regulatory bodies. Keeping EA safe isn't a game; join us as we keep the future of play secure for everyone.
The Incident Response Operations Intern position is an exciting role for a technically astute student interested in problem solving complex cyber security related issues. You will focus on helping EA's Security team perform cyber-related investigations and incident response to attacks across the enterprise. The mission of your work will involve, but is not limited to, technical computer related investigations and analysis, digital forensics and technical security research on a range of related cyber security topics.
You will report to the Global EA Security team and will work with other members of the EA Security team, IT and game studios.
- You will work with senior investigators to respond to multiple forms of cyber-crime – including hacking, data leakage/theft, malware and insider related incidents.
- Assess security related alerts and take actions to protect EA users, games and systems.
- Technical research into malware, cyber-attack techniques, technical vulnerabilities exploited and related lock down techniques.
- Produce written technical reports and/or develop presentations on security activities.
- Support with forensic analysis of assets, including logs, malware samples, hard drive images, etc.
- Work with investigators to reconstruct events of an attack by creating a timeline through correlation of forensic data.
- Work with Malware analysis experts to extract useful data.
- You are studying in the penultimate year of an undergraduate degree
- Available to commence a full-time, 12 month placement in July 2023.
- Eligible to work in Guildford, UK, without the need for visa/relocation support
To apply: Submit an up-to-date CV along with a cover letter which explains why you want to complete your internship with Electronic Arts and what interests you in this specific placement
- Study Computer Science, Computer Forensics or related fields
- Self-learn new technical skills and develop proficiency in open source and commercial off the shelf technical tools, security countermeasures and techniques.
- Computer Science and Security fundamentals.
- Identify, analyse and solve complex problems.
- Perform multiple important assignments under deadline pressure in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Work independently and collaborate in a team.
- Written and verbal communication skills; ability to understand complex problems.