EA's Production Infrastructure & Engineering (PI&E) organization provides the essential platforms and infrastructure hosting solutions that power EA's live services. Our charter is to make EA's games and services available to all players anytime and anywhere. To do this, we focus on the high availability of infrastructure, primary services, and studio services. We aim to help developers to experiment and build new games quickly with infrastructure services on-demand and workflows that promote rapid development in the cloud. In all of this, we focus on being there for players where and when they want to play.
The Challenge Ahead:
Modern video games rely on many different services behind the scenes. From matchmaking, marketplace, and social features to anti-cheat detection, leaderboards, and server-side physics calculations. This ever-changing and ever-growing ecosystem exposes new operational challenges with every new game launch.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will help design system architecture, and provide server infrastructure management and advanced technical support. You will also provide the technical leadership required to effectively deliver high-quality IT solutions and services.
You will report to the Sr. Manager of Infrastructure & Engineering.
- You will Manage and maintain storage and virtualization infrastructure, including storage arrays, vSphere clusters, and virtual machines
- You will Monitor and optimize storage utilization, performance, and availability
- You will Manage and maintain virtual machine templates, snapshots, and cloning You will collaborate with architects cross-functionally to help set architectural direction for delivering reliable, scalable, and operable solutions.
- You will partner with development teams, DBAs and QA in an SRE-model of agile development process.
- You will ideate and implement products and services to accelerate growth.
- You will transform business ideas into implementable technology solutions, considering build, buy and partnering alternatives.
- You will make decisions which may have a broad impact and influence the organizational direction.
- You will drive continuous improvement through change management procedures - design and define roadmaps, standardize processes and methodologies, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces.
- Hands-on experience building and maintaining infrastructure for micro-services.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, continuous delivery/deployment tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, or similar.
- Knowledge of UNIX.
- Experience integrating Open-Source tools and software.
- Experience with TCP/IP, routing, VLANS, AWS Direct Connect, VPN and other networking concepts.
- Experience with VMWare, Docker, or Rocket is a definite plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools like NewRelic, Nagios or similar.
- Excellent DNS, LDAP, syslog and network service experience.
- Working knowledge of enterprise storage technologies and protocols such as NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, software-defined Storage, Object Storage.
- OBSESSIVE desire to automate away from monolithic structures and improve everything, including process improvements, standardizing tools!
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the "work hard/play hard" credo every day.