The Weta FX IT team empowers Weta FX to innovate and create the future of visual effects via our industry-leading technology platform. We are now seeking a new Infrastructure Engineer to be our go-to specialist on our large, complex and ever-evolving infrastructure. They are key members of our team who are responsible for the quality, performance and suitability of our infrastructure.
Our Infrastructure Engineer's efforts are balanced between business-as-usual maintenance and lifecycle management and the delivery of new solutions and services via projects. This includes supporting front-line teams in delivering services to end users via escalation and operational handover. They also provide 24/7 coverage for critical system failures.
IT infrastructure components can include physical devices, virtual resources, infrastructure-related software, middleware, network services and data storage. They could be on-premises, outsourced or provisioned as cloud services.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintaining and enhancing our IT infrastructure and infrastructure components, including task automation via tools and coding
- Leading and applying software updates
- Building and managing systems and components in virtualised and cloud computing environments
- Monitoring the performance of systems and services and their contribution to organisational performance, security and sustainability.
- Preparing for new or changed services to meet the needs of our users
What we’re looking for
- Experience working in an IT support or infrastructure-focused role
- Hands-on Unix administration experience (Linux or OS)
- TCP networking knowledge (VLAN, LACP, VPN, routing)
- At least one programming language (e.g. Python, Perl, Bash)
- Knowledge of common infrastructure services (DHCP, DNS, email etc)
You might also have
- Experience using de-bugging tools (strace, tcpdump, Wireshark etc)
- Experience in delivering results and exceeding customer expectations!
- The ability to adapt and respond to change!
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Your privacy is important to us. Please take a moment to review our Prospect and Applicant Privacy Policies. Should you have any concerns about your privacy, please contact us at DPO@unity.com.