Intermediate-Senior Technical (Level) Designer [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora]
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open world experience.
As a Technical Level Designer, you'll collaborate with other disciplines, creating tools, processes, and guidelines to assist the creation of the game. You'll play an important role by optimizing the use of the engine/tools to support development goals, collaborating on engine use, choosing the best work methods based on design requirements, and validating gameplay mechanics.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language).
What you'll do
- Defining technical needs for the level design teams, by consulting project documents and communicating with those involved in the development of the game features
- Identifying and solving pipeline tool inefficiencies and contributing to develop/select the best internal and external tools to enhance and facilitate the work of the level design team
- Testing tools before they are deployed on the project and ensuring their proper functioning throughout the process
- Collaborating with engineering to develop new technologies, suggest solutions for issues/bugs/needed features to optimize pipelines for maximum quality and efficiency
- Defining guidelines and best practices to standardize work methods and ensure the validity and integrity of the data by drafting and updating documentation on a regular basis
- Utilizing rapid prototyping to test the feasibility of features/ideas/workflows
What you'll bring
You are curious and open to new ideas while actively looking for the best solution to the task at hand. You are comfortable working autonomously and can present your ideas in a clear way. You thrive when improving current processes with your technical knowledge and motivation to understand how things work. You are comfortable collaborating within a multidisciplinary team where you can each utilize your niche expertise to achieve a higher quality together.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Several years of experience in Technical (Level) Design and production within the games industry
- Technical knowledge of editors and a good understanding of visual scripting
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.