Intern Game Writer [Anno] (f/m/d)
The Anno series delivers a rich city-building experience and provides players ample opportunities to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistic networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare. Our team is now looking for a talented Intern Game Writer (f/m/d) to join us at Ubisoft Mainz in Germany.
In this role, you will assist our team in creating intriguing dialogue, story and other narrative content.
Your responsibilities include:
- Writing character dialogue
- Writing both story and technical text
- Assisting with the game localization process
- Assisting with narrative quality control/testing
Additionally, you will:
- Provide historical and narrative research
- Be part of the process of creating stories, quests and characters
- Provide feedback regarding the narrative of game design elements
- Work with actors to deliver high quality character audio
- Native English language level
- University degree (ideally in a humanities subject)
Nice to have:
- Any writing-related qualifications or plaudits
- Some evidence of writing, particularly scripts and dialogue
- Game-related qualifications
If possible, please provide samples of your writing/previous work with your application.
This position will be a paid internship and is planned for a duration of 6 months.
- 12 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, there are approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region per year.
- Flexible working hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Discounted games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly mobility budget. 80€ per month that can be used on parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Self-study and training hours (half a day per month) and access to our in-house library
- Free fresh fruit, coffee, tea and water. Enjoy fresh fruit as well as beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/