Intern - Software Development
About this Role
Fandom is the largest Fan platform in the world with over 2.5 billion page views and 300 million users a month! Our Community Platform underlies some of the biggest fan knowledge bases in the world, including communities built around pop culture phenomena like Star Wars, Minecraft, Marvel Comics, and thousands of others. We are looking for software engineer interns not afraid of learning and participating in development in such a highly scalable and concurrent environment.
On a daily basis you will work in a Scrum environment in a team of up to 7 engineers working autonomously on monetisation products. You will work with our technology stack, that is quite broad and you can probably match anything you are thinking of, including Typescript, ReactJS, NodeJs, Java, Python, Docker, k8s, AWS Lambdas, Varnish, … There are multiple opportunities at Fandom to learn and grow to become a software engineer.
- Learn how to design, spike, and develop new features in an Agile process with guidance from Senior engineers
- Be responsible for the entire development lifecycle of small features and learn how to do it efficiently
- Analyze tons of data to get answers, prove hypotheses or just check how a new feature is performing
- Work with your team on the code and feature quality in a highly scalable environment using code reviews on a daily basis
- Problem solving mind
- Passion for fast and beautiful web experiences
- Drive to learn fast
- Courage to touch any part of a technical stack
- Enough skills to be self-driven but not afraid to ask when you need help
- Know a thing or two about web performance
- Have played around with React or any other modern Front-End framework
- Studying or studied Computer Science
- Are passionate about pop culture (Movies, Games, TV Shows, Anime, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
- Compensation, our internship is fully paid
- MacBook Pro and all the gear you need for work
- Free access to a multitude of popular online courses and books sponsored by our company
- An on-demand budget for education, training, and conferences
- Frequent team bonding events
- Flexible work hours
- Open, energetic and fan-focused, international work environment
Fandom powers fan experience. We are the world's largest fan platform. Reaching more than 315 million unique visitors per month and hosting more than 250,000 wikis, Fandom.com is the #1 source for in-depth information on pop culture, gaming, TV and film, where fans learn about and celebrate their favorite fandoms.
Fandom is an equal opportunity employer. Fandom values diversity, and all employment decisions are made on the basis of job requirements and individual qualifications.