IT Desktop Support Engineer
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job Title: IT Desktop Support Engineer
Reports to: IT Manager, Desktop Support
A full-time, site-specific position, reporting to the IT Desktop Support Manager, focused on IT client-based solutions promoting the development of games. You will be responsible for close interactions with desktop level 1 and Level 2 personnel to understand and align with studio pipelines, processes, and bottlenecks. Position to participate in IT communities focused on knowledge sharing. On-call after-hours support for local studio desktop support organisation is a requirement. Due to the nature of the support role, the work is 100% on-site.
- 60% L3 level work and 40% L2 level work.
- Collaborate with Desktop support engineering team that is responsible for: Imaging, New machine setup, PC refreshes, Hardware replacements, Software Licencing and provide Tier 3 IT support for employees (onsite and remote)
- Be a reference for team members for all technical issues in your field of expertise, and act as a mentor for all team members
- Be an escalation point to internal IT team & resolve the most complex technical issues in your field of expertise
- Develop relationships with the business and other departments at all levels
- Apply audio-visual subject matter expertise in the design, upgrade and operational performance of meeting rooms
- Collaborate with global IT peers and management to ensure IT services are provided across regions/studios
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (essential). 3 years previous experience in either a Desktop support or System administration role, with an ability to understand technical issues related to desktop support.
- You have 3 or more years of experience in all aspects of a gaming studio site IT
- You have experience with current Desktop (and technology) hardware standards and future hardware releases.
- You are familiar with studio development applications including Perforce, Visual Studio, Adobe Creative cloud, Maya, 3DS Max, Microsoft XDK, Sony XDK/PRODG, Parsec, Slack and Zoom video conferencing.
- You have knowledge of enterprise desktop and user administrative tools including Apple/Mac, Active Directory, MEM (formerly SCCM) and Endpoint Security Clients.
- You have knowledge of development and test hardware functionality including updating firmware, updating to latest release for Microsoft Xbox, Sony PlayStation, and Nintendo development consoles. Troubleshooting dev/test kit capabilities and knowledge of RMA process.
- You understand basic network protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, and network hardware.