A full-time position focused on IT desktop solutions enabling the development of games. Role will require a “self-starter” mentality and will require pro-active collaboration with Software Engineers, Technical Directors, Vendors and senior IT staff to solve for client issues affecting game development and studio operations. The position will participate in IT communities focused on standards, knowledge sharing, will be an escalation point as well as after hours support for local studio desktop support.
KEY SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- 70% L3 level work and 30% L2 level work.
- Mixed operations and projects workload
- Provide frontline support for technical escalations using tools such as Service Now, Slack, Zoom
- Manage software and hardware licensing, purchasing, reporting, deployment and troubleshooting
- Provide technical leadership and guidance for business teams in line with current industry trends and business needs.
- Identify and implement technical process improvements, both for customers and the internal IT team.
- Collaborate with various teams including the broader IT team, Security, Auditing, Legal, Engineering and more
- Available for on call support on occasions
- Advanced knowledge of desktop systems administration in an enterprise environment, Windows and Mac
- Strong understanding of desktop and laptop hardware (CPU, GPU, etc)
- Strong background in evaluating and optimizing workstations and applications
- Able to act as a senior level key escalation point for all technical concerns varying across multiple technical disciplines
- Strong knowledge and understanding of professional and consumer grade A/V hardware and related multimedia devices. Video Conferencing and related technologies
- Senior level knowledge of productivity, design and development applications including; Visual Studio, Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk products, Office 365, GSuite. Experience with version control, build management and agile development applications is a plus
- Scripting proficiencies with Powershell, SQL, VBS, batch and C# are an asset. Experience with web and tool development is a plus
- Good level knowledge of cloud technologies and their use cases, hands on experience with AWS, Azure, is a plus
- Good level knowledge of enterprise networking with a solid understanding of underlying theory
- Strong understanding of current and future industry hardware standards
- Senior level troubleshooting skills in a mission critical fast paced environment required
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years or more of experience in an enterprise environment.
- Strong workstation OS background including Windows and Mac OS.
- Strong understanding of current Desktop hardware standards and future hardware releases.
- Familiar with agile development applications and methodology such as Jira
- Hands on with studio development applications including: Perforce, DevTrack, Visual Studio, Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, Microsoft XDK, Sony XDK/PRODG, and desktop video conferencing.
- Experience with enterprise desktop and user administrative tools including Cisco TMS, Active Directory, Microsoft MEM/SCCM, GSuite, Okta, Jamf, O365
- Strong understanding of server OS components including web, application, and database infrastructure.
- Understanding of basic network protocols as well as network hardware.
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills in an enterprise environment required.
- Experience in managing hardware and software purchases, licenses, asset tracking
Education / Experience or Equiv. Combination Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (essential). 5 years previous experience in Desktop support.
Technical Knowledge/ Depth of Expertise
- Detailed knowledge of system fundamentals
- Understands distributed system and network interaction
- Helps define best practices
- Perform initial troubleshooting of any network /server issues affecting desktop systems.
- Good knowledge of network/servers and storage.
Freedom to Act/ Autonomy
- Acts independently for tasks and projects
- Receives general direction from management
- Works with internal customers solving complex problems
- Works with Vendors
- Trains Entry Technical Administrators
- Involved in purchase decisions and executio
Interpersonal Skills/ Leadership Capability/ Action Values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Can make presentations