Job Title:IT Technician
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Melbourne, Australia, Toronto, Canada and Guildford, UK – Sledgehammer Games is the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty®: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our passionate employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker. We'd like to speak with you!
We are constantly evolving and innovating – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With our extraordinary audio, design, engineering and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love making games, and we work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for dedicated game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
The IT Technician is a mission critical support position that directly influences desktop infrastructure and specializes in PC setup and troubleshooting at Sledgehammer Games. You will work within our small but agile team that will service all our development, C-level, administrative, and operational staff. We'd love to hear from you.
Our teams and priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for working and tracking cases from beginning through resolution
- Perform installations, adds, moves, and changes for PCs, monitors, printers and related peripherals
- Perform archive restores, manage user and computer accounts in AD, patch management, manage VPN accounts, Aspera requests, password resets, Alloy Software Asset Management, and all other duties as assigned
- Perform software and hardware configuration across diverse platforms
- Setup and support mobile devices including both Android and iPhone
- Support on-site and remote users around the world
- Process New Hire requests by creating AD user accounts, email, and other necessary accounts
- Partner with IT management and security team to ensure that all systems adhere to security policies and any compliance requirements
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the inventory of all office computers, hardware, software and supplies.
- Support on key IT infrastructure projects
- Create SOPs / “how to” documentations for local knowledge base
- Participate in 24/7 IT coverage for the critical business environment and applications as needed
- Manage OS deployments using automated scripts and templates in virtual and bare metal environments, (WDS and SCCM).
- Support and management of Sony PlayStation PS4 and Microsoft Xbox One development kits.
- Friendly, customer focused and top-level support a must
- Can do attitude
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- General understanding of network protocols (DNS & DHCP)
- Familiarity with hypervisor / virtualization technology
- Proven documentation skills
- Experienced in support & troubleshooting Windows & Mac OS
- Platforms including mobile devices running Apple iOS & Android OS
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook Web Access and Office 365
- Experience with IBM Endpoint Manager (BigFix), WSUS and/or SCCM a plus.
- Willingness to learn new technologies, unlearn old technology to support company growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar education
- Preferred minimum 2 years work experience in Media/Entertainment industry
- People person
- Love video games, board games, card games, mobile games…. did we mention like games!
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability