Italian Localisation Senior Tester - Secondment
LOCALISATION QA SENIOR TESTER
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD, WEST LONDON
REPORTING TO THE LOCALISATION QA ASSOCIATE LEAD
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our lunchtime gaming sessions in our games lounge, regular gaming tournaments and free SEGA games on Steam
- If you're more of a foodie, you can take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit and cereal every single day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership, ride to work scheme, workout area and bootcamps in the park. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you’ll want to brag to your mates about! What’s not to love?
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
As a Localisation QA Senior Tester, you will be the key point of contact for your language within Localisation QA and make sure that individual needs and goals are met within your language team, managing the team alongside the LQA PM and AL. You will be responsible of testing SEGA products and verify any localised assets, whilst guiding and mentoring the less experienced testers in the team. You’ll be responsible for linguistic quality and ensuring that the correct terminology and glossaries are used for the relevant territory. You’ll also assist the AL and PM with administration tasks and with casting/audio and will be the final point of escalation to ensure quality within the language.
- Test SEGA products for linguistic correctness.
- Run test cases and localisation checks in the respective language.
- Identify linguistic issues and report them in the bug database, suggesting fixes to defect/bugs within the assigned products.
- Edit and fix master text files/text databases and provide translation as necessary.
- Complete localisation compliance checks and act as a point of reference for naming conventions for the assigned language, ensuring that compliance checklists are completed with accuracy by the relevant language team
- Verify localised assets related to the product in testing.
- Support with audio casting and the audio assets verification process, acting as the final point of escalation for your territory, create and maintain necessary pronunciation guides.
- Review and verify the team’s bugs, edits and suggestions for correctness, grammar/spelling and adherence to first party terminology and internal glossaries.
- Ensure consistency of process is applied within your respective language team.
- Provide feedback and linguistic/IP direction for the testing team and external translators in order to maintain quality and consistency within the language and the products.
- Be a point of reference for the assigned language and provide recommendations to the LQA Project Managers and Localisation Project Managers
- Act as a guide and mentor to the less experienced testers on the relevant language and within the project team when necessary.
- Participate in hiring process by checking language tests, participating in interviews, and completing probation period review forms. Support Admin & Recruitment in the test creation process and update.
- Create standardised and measurable quality report on the assigned language.
- Create and maintain language reference documentation.
- Work together with the broader localisation team to maintain glossaries for the SEGA IPs for the assigned languages.
- Be the point of reference for your language team, complete weekly and monthly meeting, supporting with performance management and support with any issues related to testing and language quality.
- Provide performance review data and complete regular performance reviews of your language team.
- Support Admin & Recruitment with absence self-certification forms for the allocated staff.
- When necessary, support the LQA Project Managers and LQA Associate Leads with project administration.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experienced tester, able to tackle the most challenging tasks with ease and adapt to any project requirement.
- Excellent knowledge of SEGA’s IPs and products.
- Excellent working knowledge of the software tools in use at SEGA (test case management and text editing tools).
- Excellent knowledge of first party naming conventions.
- Working knowledge of CAT tools (MemoQ).
- Excellent linguistic knowledge and deep understanding of your contracted language.
- Understanding of the linguistic trends and consumer expectations of the target market, able to deliver precise, relevant and resonant language for that territory and IP.
- Clear, concise and professional communicator, both in English and your contracted language.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Reliable, with high work standards and the willingness to meet and exceed expectations.
- Flexible and adaptable to different LQA tasks and projects.
- Proven ability to maintain focus and commitment.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the role and the company, capable of motivating and inspire others.
- Leadership and ability to serve as a role model to team members