Java Software Engineer, Server Side
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games. After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world’s biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere.
With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
EA SPORTS™ FC is the most popular and bestselling sports video game in the world. Year after year, EA SPORTS™ FC provides unmatched emotion, quality and authenticity to millions of fans of “the beautiful game”.
Within EA SPORTS™ FC is the very popular mode called Ultimate Team. Ultimate Team is a live service with multiple platforms working with our online services to make the mode a success. With success come lots of users and hence performance and security are a great focus for us.
The Java Server Engineer is involved in the server development process, from architecture and technical design, to implementation, debugging on multiple platforms, working on complex problems (big data, load, up-time, e-commerce) alongside designers, producers and other engineers.
What you will do as a Java engineer
- Develop and maintain features within large-scale, distributed back-end services.
- Provide backend functionality for multi-platform, user-facing clients, and internal tools.
- Issue investigation and fixing in a dynamic live service context.
- Collaborate with a large team, both local and across other EA studios.
We are looking for
- 3+ years of experience developing Java object-oriented software and services.
- Experience working on backend services/servers (REST APIs over HTTP).
- Working knowledge of MySQL/SQL.
- Proficiency with software design/architecture.
- Experience with unit testing (J-Unit) in Eclipse/IntelliJ.
- Experience with version control systems.
- Experience developing, maintaining and innovating large-scale distributed applications.
- Occasional off-hours support for development needs and support of the live environment ensuring our consumer experience is always outstanding.
- Basic Linux/shell commands.
- Experience with GCP (Google Cloud Platform) is nice to have
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with one or more scripting languages.
- Experience with Maven.
- Experience with load testing and system analysis.
- Experience working with remote teams.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Who WE are?
We are EA Romania … and we make games – how thrilling is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
Are you ready to join the game?