Junior Cinematic Animator
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for an exceptional and talented Junior Cinematic Animator to join our team. A person in this position will be responsible for character animation in all kinds of narrative moments such as cutscenes, interactive scenes and open world content. You will be responsible for daily cooperation with the designers and other multi-disciplinary team members in order to create content for the game - from quest requirements, through mocap shoot, to finished animation.
- Being a game developer first, thinking about what your animations are going to look and feel like while playing the game.
- Holding responsibility for animations in a given part of the game and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary team to create the best player experience possible.
- Delivering work in accordance with the artistic direction of the project.
- Creating high quality narrative animation assets from scratch or motion capture footage while improving your skills with help from other team members.
- Collaborating on a daily basis with Animation Lead.
- Estimating the time required to carry out your own tasks and to meet deadlines.
- Learning to quickly draft animation to prove ideas.
- Learning from the most experienced members of the team and putting your own input as your qualifications grow with time.
- Documented experience in animation on games or in the film industry.
- An animation reel proving junior level skillset with a clear explanation of what you did.
- Being able to work proactively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proficiency in Motion Builder and/or Maya.
- Outstanding creativity and very strong commitment to a project.
- Desire to create great games and a passion for animation.
- Fluent level of English (spoken and written).
Nice to have:
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- Graduation in the field of animation (including animation courses).
- Experience working on open world games.
- Experience working on AAA games.
- Experience working with motion capture.
Perks & Professional Growth
- Flexible working hours — start your workday anytime between 8:00 and 10:00 AM.
- A welcome pack filled with goodies — to help you feel right at home once you join the team.
- Trainings, lectures and courses — internal workshops, external training for each employee, ‘Meet a star’ events, knowledge-sharing initiatives, online tutorials, and e-learning classes are all available. There’s always something to learn!
- Merch — employee store discounts at CD PROJEKT RED Gear, gifts for newborn rebels and regular chances to nab some cool swag!
Health & Well-being
- Private medical healthcare — a selection of medical plans with dental care to choose from, which are also accessible for your partner and relatives.
- Support during COVID-19 — regular tests and COVID vaccinations at the studio as well as professional advice and guidance from a specialist doctor.
- Psychological care — free mental health support and various well-being webinars.
- Multisport card — gain access to a wide number of sporting and fitness facilities across the city.
Social Activities & Life in the Office
- Dog-friendly office — dog owner? Bring your pooch with you and look after them while working! There’s always a furry friend or two to meet at the studio.
- Social events — we host regular gatherings at the studio where we can all unwind, play games, and just have some fun together.
- Healthy selections — organic fruit, snacks, muesli, organic honey, vegan milk, and specialty coffee are all at your disposal around the studio. Enjoy!
- Truly international working environment — a chance to meet and work with a diverse selection of people from all around the world.
- Sustainable campus with an eco ethos — solar panels provide green energy, 2000 plants and an air-filtering system to help provide clean air, electric car charging points, flower meadows, and more green features in the works.
- An onsite, well-equipped gym with a climbing wall and a personal trainer available every day and pilates classes.
- Car and bike parking spaces.
- A designated space for your bicycle, as well as bicycle repair equipment and showers available whenever you need them.
- No dress-code — we like to keep it casual.