Junior Gameplay Animator - Unannounced AAA Title
As a Junior Gameplay Animator at Ubisoft Barcelona, you will join the team responsible for several gameplay features on Assassin's Creed Valhalla, and continue their mission to develop exciting, challenging, and forward-thinking gameplay features and next-gen visuals for an upcoming AAA title.
You will be working alongside the animation team to create believable high-quality animations and work closely under the guidance of the Lead Animator to achieve a consistent level of quality. The ideal candidate must be able to proof his/her skills through a portfolio showcasing the final work as well as a breakdown of the workflow used.
What you'll do
- Create high quality character & creature animations from prototyping to polish and implement them into the game.
- Work with both key-frame and motion capture animation to bring characters & creatures to life.
- Verify the quality and gameplay needs of the animations integrated into the game by playing regularly.
- Understand the engine possibilities to get the best animations possible while respecting the technical constrains.
- Collaborate with the other disciplines to achieve the best balance between animation fidelity and gameplay needs.
- Participate in the improvement of the project animation workflows.
What you'll bring
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience as an animator – preferably working on the videogames industry.
- Good skill in body mechanics for key frame animation. Motion Capture experience is a plus.
- Skills to create realistic character & creature animations.
- Experience with animation trees and state machines.
- Good knowledge of Autodesk Maya. Motion builder and 3DS Max knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to work flexibly, accept feedback and be able to adapt to changes.
- Able to collaborate well with other team members (inside and outside the animation team).
- Easy to understand and communicate in technical language.
- Critical thinking, curiosity, and resourcefulness.
- Problem-solving and open mind as well as autonomous and proactive attitude.
- Passion for videogames.
Our studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! We bet that you know Barcelona, either for its amazing architecture / monuments, famous nightlife, restaurants, super weather and beaches, culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different foods, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-minded and dynamic people.
We encourage everyone to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture to develop the best AAA game and invest time in playing any type of games, if it’s together, even better!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to meet you!
What we offer
- Restaurant Tickets: 120 € per month (1440€ net/Year).
- 25 working days of holidays and the day of your birthday.
- Flexible working hours & Flexible Friday.
- Work from home (Up to 60 % in a month).
- Beneficial Price to a Health Care Insurance for you (and eventually to the members of your family).
- Beneficial Price to Sport activities and gym (app: Andjoy).
- Access to tax discounts from your public transport and kindergarten costs.
- Free Fruits and drinks in the Office.
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Free access to Ubisoft games on PC / Discounts for Ubisoft console games.
- Team Building events.
Ubisoft Barcelona as an equal opportunity employer is committed to create an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnic group, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, age, marital status, disability or all the other characteristics that make us different. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from different backgrounds.
We encourage you to provide
- CV in English (In respect of the EOE statement we don´t require personal information such as picture, home address, ID number, etc.)
- Demo reel is mandatory