Junior Gameplay Programmer [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
Feb 15, 2023
Gameplay Programmers develops gameplay elements which facilitate the playability of the game; the link between the player's actions and the consequences of those actions on the running game state.
What you will do:
- Implement and optimize the gameplay systems and features with the game designer to ensure fluid playability
- Use prototyping techniques to demonstrate the validity/invalidity of a feature idea
- Investigate and fix the bugs detected by the production and quality control teams
- Establish the technical possibilities for the different features
- Explore and understand the game design documents to define the required features and game systems that must be developed in the engine
- Validate and verify if the newly developed systems meet project intentions and are coherent with the existing code
What you bring:
- Experience in programming robust and efficient code
- Excellent knowledge in C++
- Ability to work efficiently with large, existing code bases
- Familiarity with game-related 3D mathematical concepts
- Excellent communication and good English skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- Whenever possible, please attach screen recordings of applications you have worked on (personal/school projects etc.)
- When mentioning a group project please describe what your responsibilities were and what you worked on.
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance
- Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy: We offer multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas. Guest speakers from the industry, workshops and access to our training and development platform
- Discounted Games: Discount on employee game orders & free Ubisoft games on Ubisoft Connect
- Hybrid Work Model: Provides the flexibility to combine working from the studio and your home within Germany
- Monthly Mobility Budget: 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket
- Up To 350€ Childcare Support Per Child Per Month: In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year
- Self-study And Training Hours: You have access to our in-house library
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Gym Subsidy: We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you
- 26 Days Paid Vacation Per Year: Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 10 bank holidays in the Berlin region
- Corporate Benefits Web Portal: With employee discount programs for affiliated retailers, shops and service providers
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://berlin.ubisoft.com/en/.
846 available jobs