Junior Level Designer - FTC
Junior Level Designer - FTC
We’re looking for a Junior Level Designer to join our games team working on a new exciting platform title. You will be passionate about creating game environments and experiences. under your belt which demonstrate your design approach and ability.
You are a team player, able to work to a high-level brief, but also self-assured and creative; bringing fresh ideas to the table. You are practical and flexible, taking responsibility for your work, working proactively with others to solve problems - ensuring timely delivery to a high level of quality.
- The planning, prototyping and creation of levels
- Building and triggering of white box environments
- Working with engineers to improve the tools and pipelines used for level creation
- Coordinating with game designers to ensure a unified game direction
- Bug fixing and polish of levels
- Working with other departments to bring level concepts to fruition
- Iterating level designs based on playtests and feedback to achieve the best possible experience
Essential Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable evidence of platform (or similar) level design skills preferably within a personal projects, demos or part of a released game
- Excellent communication skills with a desire and ability to work well with others
- Comfortable working with the tools of the trade: level editors, version control, triggering, scripting etc.
- A passion for games of all types
- Development in Unity is not essential but would help you hit the ground running
Why work at HARDlight?
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes ULEV car salary sacrifice, life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme
- We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making HARDlight the best it can be
- For gaming buffs, we offer free SEGA games on Steam and a home technology scheme
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride-to-work scheme. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to help work fit around you
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- Based in the ‘Heart of England' in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London & Birmingham
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
The role will initially be remote, as we have not returned to the office yet. The expectation is that when we do return to the office, we will be taking a hybrid working approach and you will be expected to work 3 days in the office with the option of 2 days out of the office.