Junior Technical Designer
Job Title:Junior Technical Designer
Digital Legends is an Activision independent Studio based in Barcelona, formed by industry veterans and emerging talent who are focused on delivering a AAA gaming experience to mobile devices. Since it was founded in 2001, the studio has been a pioneer in mobile game development. It has a long, established history as a leading mobile development studio with a number of high-quality mobile titles built from the ground-up to its credits, including the award winning The Respawnables™ series of games. We are creating an all-new, AAA mobile experience that will bring the thrilling, fluid and large-scale action of Call of Duty®: Warzone™ to players on the go.
We are looking for a Junior Technical Designer who is passionate, driven and a game loving person. The ideal candidate is a technically minded individual with a game design background, used to work with scripting languages and not afraid to roll up their sleeves to troubleshoot issues.
If you want to become part of a roster of world-class mobile development, in a super cool environment, keep reading!
- Supervised by the Senior Tech Designers, work with Design and other departments, assisting with the development of new features and prototypes
- Provide feedback on features designs with special focus on possible technical limitations and offer alternatives.
- Be one of the go-to persons in design about our current proprietary engine and tools capabilities and limitations, offering support and being able to assist other members of the team.
- Work with engine teams to improve tools or technical workflows that will improve our development capabilities.
- Bridge communication between design and tech teams, being able to communicate feature technical requirements in a clear manner.
- Game design or programming degree, similar studies or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of scripting languages in a game development context (ideally c#/Lua)
- Knowledge of build pipelines
- You are able to check and get the gist of callstacks, crashlogs, compilation errors and the like.
- You like facing technical challenges
- A proactive attitude and open to receiving and implementing feedback
- Working level of English
It's always a plus:
- Previous mobile development experience.
- To have published any games that we can play!
- Any other relevant personal projects (mods, unreal or unity projects, etc)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary based on your experience.
- A wide range of perks such as private health and dental insurance, ticket restaurant, wellbeing voucher, 23 days + xmas period holidays and more.
- And a great team of super skilled individuals that can help you grow as a professional.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide. Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do. At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.