Kubernetes Lead Developer/Specialist
As a Kubernetes Platform Lead Developer, you will be joining a distributed team within Ubisoft IT whose mission is to empower Kubernetes users at Ubisoft. Your mandate will be to simplify the provisioning and operation of clusters on the Ubisoft cloud. You will lead the engineering, deploying, and operating of a high-availability solution with hundreds of clusters. We leverage a DevOps mentality, working on Kubernetes and open-source products, automating deployments and infrastructure management.
- Evaluate new requirements, technical design, and standards;
- Lead discussions around design, implementation, and technical standards;
- Solve complex problems, applying appropriate technologies and best practices;
- Build and operate the different components composing UKS with an emphasis on using documented, automated installation and support procedures;
- Develop the services to operate the platform;
- Improve continuous integration and delivery systems;
- Collaborate with other infrastructure teams to meet objectives;
- Work closely with teams to assess their requirements and ensure the platform is designed with operability and ease of use in mind;
- Foster cloud-native architecture
***Assume on-call shifts rotations once per month.
This team’s stack is Gitlab CI, Terraform, Openstack, Kubernetes/Docker, Rancher, Quay registry, Helm & helmfile, Bash, Python & Go, Prometheus & Grafana, Fluentbit, Elasticsearch & Kibana. We are not looking for someone who has all these skills, but someone who would like to work with this stack and is willing to learn.
- Experience being a technical leader, promoting ideas and solutions
- Hands-on experience working with Kubernetes, and experience with other container technologies, like Docker;
- Demonstrated experience with programming languages – such as Go, Python, or Java is a major asset;
- Experience building microservices running on Kubernetes or Kubernetes operators;
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines automation – Gitlab is an asset;
- Other skills technologies mentioned above in the stack used by the team are considered a major asset.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.