L2 Desktop Support Engineer
We Are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is tough. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
We are the IT team who supports AAA game development in a collaborative environment at our Los Angeles studios; Respawn Entertainment, Ripple Effect Studios, and EALA Mobile at Electronic Arts (EA).
Come help us power the future of play with the teams developing Battlefield and more.
- Responsible for onboarding U.S.-based Ripple Effect Studios and EA Los Angeles new hires.
- Collaborate with Desktop support engineering team that is responsible for: Imaging, New machine setup, PC refreshes, Hardware replacements, Software Licensing and provide Tier 2 IT support for employees (onsite and remote)
- Incident Management – Responding, tracking, resolving, and performing root cause analysis to prevent reoccurring issues on escalated/assigned tickets as per the Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and deliver world-class customer service
- You will identify challenges/opportunities and develop technical solutions through automation, scripting and engineering best practices
- You will act as liaison between Business Stakeholders, Site IT, and Global IT Functions
- Be a reference for team members for all technical issues in your field of expertise, and act as a mentor for all team members
- Serve as last escalation point to internal IT team & resolve the most complex technical issues in your field of expertise
- Participate in additional technology initiatives as required - Assisting with server and network upgrades, office moves and technology rollouts
- Develop positive relationships with the business and other functions at all levels
- Collaborate with global IT team members to ensure consistent IT services to our business users
- Look to improve all aspects of the Desktop Support Engineering functions continually
- Bachelor's degree or professional training/certifications related to areas of responsibilities or equivalent work experience
- You have 2 or more years of experience in all aspects of a gaming studio site IT
- You have 1 or more years of experience in a role dealing specifically with onboarding/new hires
- Experience with: Deploying, updating, optimizing, and troubleshooting Windows-based and Mac-based workstations in a corporate environment leveraging ConfigMgr, JAMF (Casper), and other system management tools
- Understanding of basic network protocols including TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, as well as network hardware.
- Support Experience with G-suite/administration, endpoint security, anti-virus solutions, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, SCCM advanced troubleshooting, JAMF policies advanced troubleshooting, file and printing services, and shared drives
- Experience with studio development applications/tools including, but not limited to: Perforce, Visual Studio, Adobe Creative Cloud, Maya, 3DS Max, Houdini, Microsoft XDK, Sony XDK/PRODG, JIRA, Ansible & Parsec
- Strong understanding of development game consoles
- Familiarity with standard helpdesk ticketing tools / ITIL practices (ServiceNow, Desk Pro)
- Experience with Inventory management tools such as Asset Panda
- Ability to coordinate and communicate at all levels within the organization – Business Stakeholders, Vendors, Suppliers, Senior Managers, and C-Level Execs
- Tech Savvy – Ability and passion for learning new technology and tools
- Passion for Customer Support – A drive to help end-users get what they need to do their jobs the best they can. A sense of satisfaction from assisting end-users in getting what they need
- Prioritization Skills – The ability to analyze support requests and prioritize them based on impact
- Discipline – The discipline to actively manage help desk tickets and internal IT tasks without getting distracted by email, chat, or other ad-hoc communication
- Experience with Project Management tools/methodologies
- Remote/On-site flexibility
#LI-Remote, #LI-Hybrid, #LI-Onsite (select the ones that correspond with your job; delete those that don't)