Job Title:Lab Coordinator
Job Title: Lab Coordinator
Reporting To: Operations Lead
Department: User Research Operations
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Activision’s User Research team is looking for a friendly, diligent Lab Coordinator with a passion for games, technology, problem-solving, and innovate thinking. The Lab Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining research labs used to support User Research studies conducted on-site at Activision’s User Research Center in Sherman Oaks, CA.
This is a full-time, on-site, position. Ideal candidates for this role exhibit experience in IT Support, A/V Support, Computer Repair, Customer Service, and/or Technology Operations roles.
- Perform setup, maintenance, and repair of research computing labs in accordance with research study requirements.
- Supervise playtest sessions to ensure output is within expected parameters.
- Keep labs clean and organized.
- Confirm study schedules and related needs with research staff.
- Record and update hardware assets and lab information in tracking software.
- This role may be asked to assist in recruitment drives.
- Responsibilities may also include being asked to participate and provide feedback on research projects.
- 3+ years working in Information Technology support and/or maintenance roles.
- Strong understanding of computer networking technologies.
- Familiarity with streaming software, tools, and plugins (OBS Studio, elgato products).
- Understanding of A/V equipment (microphones, cameras).
- Familiarity with Console (PlayStation, XBOX), PC, and mobile gaming technologies.
- Strong interpersonal communication (both written and verbal).
- Certification(s) (A+, ITF+, Network+, CCNET, CCT, CTS, Google IT Support Professional, etc.) a plus.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Adaptable and quick learner that enjoys tackling a large variety of problems.
- Should be well versed in Activision’s titles, passion for gaming a plus.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet.
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $21.63 - $40.02 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.