Language Lead, Japanese
Job Title:Language Lead, Japanese
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Blizzard-savvy Japanese Language Lead to support localization of Blizzard products and services. This person will be supporting to oversee the localization quality and review of localized assets by collaborating with various partners, be the vision holder of the Localized Blizzard experience.
The ideal candidate for this position is a passionate individual with a linguistic background, and knowledge of the gaming and entertainment industry. The candidate will also strive to deliver delightful, trustworthy user experiences. Good language skills in Japanese and English are required for this position.
- Supports the language decision makers and creative cohesion end-to-end
- Provide linguistic feedback and recommendations to vendors and other in-house localization teams to uphold Blizzard quality standards
- Sufficient communication skills for effective dialogue with stakeholders
- Aimed at improving player engagement and driving quality and efficiency
- Timely completion of all projects
- Other editorial projects that require cross-functional collaboration
- Good grammar and orthography knowledge in Japanese
- Appreciate the art of good localization
- Being aware of sensitive issues (historical, political, social) from Japanese. They consistently immerse themselves into the latest trends of their language and understand how to transmit the emotional side of good localization that speaks Blizzard
- Good Japanese and English linguistic and communication skills
- Able to deliver professional feedback tailored to target audience
- Demonstrates a basic familiarity with the translation and dubbing industry in region
- Good knowledge of localization and quality control tools
- Strong motivation, high level of commitment with proactive and positive attitude
- Passion for video games, heroic fantasy, sci-fi worlds, and pop culture
- Experience in game localization 5yrs+
- Experience working as a translator in the entertainment industry
- Experience with Blizzard Entertainment games
- Higher education in a linguistics-related discipline
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.