Lead 3D Artist - Rainbow Six Siege
We are currently seeking a motivated and skilled Lead 3D Artist to be part of the Rainbow Six development Team and future projects. If you have a passion for videogames and want to work in a friendly and international environment, come join our team!
As a member of a multidisciplinary development team, the Lead Artist will collaborate with the Studio Art Director to establish artistic goals for a given project(s). The candidate will be in charge of following the art team’s work, coach team members, and validate production outcomes while overseeing part of the development of the game.
What you´ll do
- Validate if the produced asset matches the technical 3D requirements and techniques.
- Suggest smart solutions when necessary to meet set objectives.
- Support our team members to grow their skills.
- Owner of the documentation on our 3D processes and keeping it up to date.
- Oversee the 3D initial order per season and our 3D backlog during the season
- (to spot any incoherence or missing information).
- Oversee and assign the correction of the team’s bugs.
- Provide reviews to the Associate Producer on the progress of the work carried out by the team.
- Participate in the performance follow-ups and contribute to the 3D team members’ evaluation.
- Point of contact for the discussions between R6 Art Direction, Technical Direction and the Strategy Team.
- Ensuring leadership of the 3D team, leading some changes in terms of mentality, quality or technical focus.
What you´ll bring
- Ability to work in a team with good leadership skills and delegate work accordingly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with team members of different departments.
- Strong modelling, UV unwrapping, and texturing skills are required.
- Good knowledge of 3Ds Max, Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance Painter and Designer.
- Knowledge of the technical constraints relating to real-time, the 3D engines, and level editors.
- Capacity to understand the specific pipeline requirements for R6 Customization and suggest improvements.
- Willingness to observe, absorb and modify own work based on many artistic criticism avenues.
- Must be creative, detail-oriented and able to handle the pressure.
- Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms.
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player.
- Ability to take direction well.
- Share knowledge and open to learning from others.
Our studio is located in one of the most popular urban area of Europe: Barcelona! We bet that you know Barcelona, either for its amazing architecture / monuments, famous nightlife, restaurants, super weather and beaches, culture or for its great life quality.
Here in Barcelona, as well as in the studio, you will meet people from around the world, eat hundreds of different foods, play different sports, talk about art and history, share amazing life experience with creative, open-minded and dynamic people.
We encourage everyone to inspire the world and build the future! We promote a friendly, creative and passionate culture to develop the best AAA game and invest time in playing any type of games, if it’s together, even better!
Are you ready to join the Ubi family for your new challenge? We are already excited to meet you!
What we offer
- Restaurant Tickets: 120 € per month (1440€ net/Year).
- 25 working days of holidays and the day of your birthday.
- Flexible working hours & Flexible Friday.
- Work from home (Up to 60 % in a month).
- Beneficial Price to a Health Care Insurance for you (and eventually to the members of your family).
- Beneficial Price to Sport activities and gym (app: Andjoy).
- Access to tax discounts from your public transport and kindergarten costs.
- Free Fruits and drinks in the Office.
- Breakfast in the Office.
- Free access to Ubisoft games on PC / Discounts for Ubisoft console games.
- Team Building events.
Ubisoft Barcelona as an equal opportunity employer is committed to create an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnic group, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, nationality, age, marital status, disability or all the other characteristics that make us different. We've learnt that we thrive on learning from each other, so we don't just welcome but actively hire a range of open-minded people from different backgrounds.
We encourage you to provide
- CV in English (In respect of the EOE statement we don´t require personal information such as picture, home address, ID number, etc.)